Wednesday 7 March 2018

Simple Stories - I Am ...

Hello, Karen here today with my very first project created for the Papermaze DT. I was thrilled to be able to work with the new Simple Stories I Am... collection. This is a is a soft feminine collection full of florals and butterflies as well as graphic designs and is a follow on collection to the original 'I Am' collection which was released three years ago.

I decided to create a 12x12  layout using a photo of my daughter and I taken on my birthday several years ago whilst on holiday.


For the base I trimmed roughly 5mm off of the edges of a sheet of white bazzil cardstock and matted this onto a black sheet. I then layered pieces of Living Vibrantly (pink ledger), Simply Me (script) and Choosing Happiness (foiled butterflies), which were all matted on more black cardstock and outlined in black pen. My 5x7 photo was double matted on white and black cardstock.


I used one of the cards from the sheet of 3x4 elements  and a bingo card (from my stash) to create my title. Co-ordinating yellow bazzil cardstock was used to create a couple of rosette flowers with enamel dots used as centres. I fussy cut butterflies from the sheet of Choosing Happiness paper which were added to the layout as well as some lace and paper blossoms to  soften the look. A tiny camera sticker from one of the 4x6 sticker sheets was added.


Some of the papers in this collection have beautiful copper coloured foiling so I added some copper coloured stickles to some of the butterflies and some copper coloured sequins were scattered around the edges of my layout.


Finally I printed my jounalling strips on the computer using a typewriter font and added the date and place with stickers.


I hope you feel inspired to use the I Am... collection. Thanks for looking. Have a super weekend.

Karen x x



2 comments:

Anita said...

What a super page Karen, great use of this lovely collection of papers xx

Linda said...

Beautiful Karen x