Friday 7 June 2019

Crate Paper // Magical Layered Mini Book

Hello, Lisa here!! I have a really fun project to share with you today. I'm so excited about this.
 

 
Using this collection here, Sunny Days from Crate Paper, I've made a mini book with lots of layers, pockets and tags to document our Disney stories from Magic Kingdom from last years trip.
You can also watch the video of this book being made here to really see how it was made with additional tips..
 
 
I cut the letters from this paper here to create the word 'happy' for my book title and then used watercolours to paint them.
 
 
I made sure when creating the book layers that all the pages worked well together. So the pink layer with the word 'happy' is a teeny page, but works well with the photo that peeps below from the next page. I didn't want just half a photo peering through. 
 
 
I used this paper and also this one here to cut up and use as pockets and tags throughout the book. By sticking down 3 sides of this 'Collect Moments' piece I could use it as a pocket and I stuck a photo on 2 tags to pop inside, journaling on the back of the tags.
 
 
For the centre page I made a larger pocket for several tags. I'm really pleased with this page. It's a great way to add lots of photos and stories. 
 
 
Here's a little close up! I d like to doodle around my photos and the tags and pages too. I cut some thin strips of paper and stapled on the tags which I think looks super cute!
 
 
I loved this paper with all the cameras and cut them out to add to each page.  I also added lots of water colour paint to the pages to add extra colour.   It really has made the pages POP!
 
 
I also added lots of stickers to this book. If you take a look at the collection, there's so many to choose from and die cuts too.
 
 
I'm so happy with how this book turned out. I love how colourful it is. I makes me smile just looking at it. I really hope you like it too.  
 
Don't forget the video here.
 
Have a great weekend.
Lisa x
 
 
 
 

No comments: