Monday 23 January 2023

Echo Park Snowed In - Let it Snow

Hello, Karen here sharing my first layout using the new Snowed In collection from Echo Park. I LOVE the colours in this collection - lots of different shades of blue with a little bit of brown and green mixed in. It includes images of snowflakes, snowmen, sweaters, skis and ski chalets. It is perfect for winter scrapbooking. Where I live we've not had much snow yet this winter to photograph but I have lots of snowy photos from the past and this collection was perfect for scrapbooking those photos.

I started my layout by trimming 1 cm off of each edge of a sheet of white 12x12 cardstock and after distressing the edges I mounted this onto a sheet of black 12x12 cardstock and machine stitched round the edges with white thread.

Using a 2" square paper punch I punched squares from several sheets of paper - Polar Plaid, Blizzarding Blue and Frosted Flurries. I then cut each square in half to form triangles, distressed all the edges and drew a line round the inside edges of each triangle using a black gel pen. The triangles were then arranged in the centre of the layout making sure that the different papers were evenly distributed. Once I was happy with the layout of the triangles I glued them to the layout and then machine stitched horizontal lines across them with white thread. This added some texture and also made sure the triangles didn't move. Finally, before going further with the layout, I splattered some watered down white acrylic paint across the layout to mimic the snow in my photo.

I matted my 5x7 photo with the Blizzarding Blue paper and placed this on top of the triangles with 3D foam underneath to add dimension. One of the Phrases from the Chipboard Accents was attached to the bottom right corner of the photo.


To create a title I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the word 'Snow' from some black cardstock and also some white cardstock. Layering the black and white word created a shadow and made the word more prominent and the title was finished with some small die cut black letters nestled above the word 'Snow'.

Snowflakes were die cut from some white glitter card and used to embellish the layout.

Snowflake Circles from the Chipboard Accent sheet were dotted around the layout and sequins from the Metropolis Sequin Mix from Picket Fence were sprinkled here and there. The Metropolis Sequin Mix isn't a winter themed mix put the white iridescent sequins int he mix were perfect for this layout.


Finally I added the date using black die cut numbers to the bottom of the layout.


I hope you love the Snowed In collection as much as I do and it can be found here in the shop.

Take Care,
Karen   x x

No comments: