Monday 17 November 2008

Buttons, Buttons and More Buttons...

My week here again... and this week I'm showing you some layouts made using an assortment of different buttons and things to do with them.

First up is a layout I made using some products from the Scenic Route Surprise range- the full range can be seen HERE

I wanted to do something quite different- and the resulting layout isn't quite in my usual style- but it was great fun to play and create this.

First of all I took my photo and matted onto a slightly larger piece of the Young Street paper- I used the black and white spotty reverse to make the photo stand out.

Next I drew a kite shape onto scrap paper to use as a template.

I drew around the template on the pattern papers, then cut out the shapes... the papers I used were the colourful side of the Young Street paper I already used; the stripey Rainbow Road paper; and the starry Sunny Lane paper. I also cut out shapes on the reverse of all these papers too- then inked all the edges.

Next I took a white piece of textured Bazzill cardstock, and lay out the kite shapes in an even geometric pattern- this was the hardest part for me- normally my layouts are alot more natural- thrown onto the page and organic feeling.

I then doodled fake stitching all around the edges of the page and the kite shapes with a black pen.

Next I stuck the photo in the middle of the page.

For the title I used American Crafts Thickers in the black Giftbox style.

Next come the buttons- the Surprise range, like most other Scenic Route ranges, includes a co-ordinating pack of buttons.
I like my buttons to have thread in them, so I threaded them with a needle and embroidery thread, and tied them on the front with a little knot.

These were then stuck them to the page with glue dots between the kite shapes.
As before I doodled stitched around the edges of all the buttons.

The last thing to do was to add a little journalling to the page- around the kite shapes.

And here it is- the completed page- bright and cheerful- just perfect for that photo of my son.

3 comments:

x Rachel x said...

This is a gorgeous LO,love all the bright colours.:)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Bright and stunning, a real eye catcher!
Anita..xx

Wendy Smith said...

wow...that looks amazing