Tuesday 27 January 2009

I liked to watch her dance...

Recently I've been enjoying experimenting with different page sizes, and have particularly been drawn to the 6x12 format. This size forces you to think in different ways - you can't fit so much on the page, so you have to be selective and include only elements that will add to the design. Its also great for showcasing the little things that might not warrant a whole 12 by 12 page but are just as fun to look back on.

While cleaning out the spare room ready for decorating I found my old childhood jewellery box in a drawer and decided that I had to do a layout about it as it was so special to me at one time. It was looking a little old and stained, so I decided to focus on one element of it, the dancing clockwork ballerina inside. The Imaginisce Fairest of Them All range was perfect for this layout with its girlie colours and princess themes.



I started by cutting the Magic Meadow paper to 6 by 12 and used the reverse side as the base of the layout. I then cut a 10 by 4 section of the Back By Midnight paper, inked the edges and adhered it slightly to the left and side of the layout. I cut a small rectangle of the Crowing Moment paper and stuck it to the bottom right of this.

I cut thin strips of the reverse side of the Back By Midnight paper and adhered this towards the top and bottom of the layout (as shown) and then fixed my photo just on top of the bottom strip.



I used an oval scallop punch to cut some book paper, inked the edges and adhered this just over the bottom corner of the photo. I added my title using Making Memories Tiny Alpha stickers and some American Crafts glitter sprinkles letter stickers.


I stamped the pumpkin carriage onto another offcut of the reverse side of the Back By Midnight paper and added this to the page using foam pads. Just above this, I added a line of gems as a border to the photo. Finally, I added some gingham ribbon to the top and bottom of the layout using staples.


The result is a beautifully girlie layout (apologies for slightly dodgy scan!):


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty!! I love those papers and I need to try doing 6x12 too.

Anonymous said...

Those paper's are sooo pretty, love what you have done with them!!

Alyssa said...

Beautiful LO.. The papers are gorgeous. xx