Monday 15 June 2015

snapshots - and its process

I have always wanted to try a mixed media page. Watched many You tube videos and read many blogs, so when I was given the opportunity to play with the new Blue Fern Studio chipboard it gave me a chance to play with some mixed media.
So I hunted around my stash of 12x12 papers and went for an old basic grey collection of patterned
paper from the figgy pudding range. I wanted to continue to see the effect of the paper but add inks to create more depth and texture. so after reading up on the usage of clear gesso I decided to prime my page with this using an old library card. it leaves quite a grainy texture on the paper, but dries completely clear.
Once dry I took a mask from prima (6x6 stone wall) laid it on the middle of my page and applied white gesso through it.
Allowed this to dry and then had some fun with my inks I have used the 3 below, applied drops of the denim and butterscotch and sprayed and a mist of water and let the ink drip and then applied some of the glimmer chalk mist, kept going till I had the  desired effect drying with my heat gun in-between.
 
 The great thing about the clear gesso is that the ink sits on top which doesn't cause the ink to seep through the paper and make it fragile. I did the same process to my chipboard (blue fern studios - circle flourish small) but also applied some brushed corduroy distress ink
Once my page and my chipboard was dry. it was a matter of choosing my photo and placing inside my chipboard frame. Added a die cut (memory box chloe stem) to the edges of my frame. A good friend then kindly cut snapshots on her cameo. I added this to my page as my title and applied glossy accents over the top.

No comments: