Monday 31 August 2015

wooden words and embossing

I have a stash of wooden embellishments, but my favourite are the words by freckled fawn. They look great on cards, project life pages and layouts and I often use them in their naked form.
I have been toying with the idea of colouring them. My first thought was promarkers, but it didn't have the desired glossy effect I was looking for, then I tried paint but it was too matt.
So I hunted around my craft space and came across my embossing powders which I very rarely use, and my versamark ink pad,



 and gave it a go firstly with black embossing powder, and then with some white. And they turned out just the way I wanted and thought I have to blog this, think of all the other wooden      embellishments you have in your stash and the amazing glossy colours you could do.


I'm going to add some of these to my simple stories snap album, which  I am in process of putting together with this years holiday photos of Euro Disney.

2 comments:

Louise H said...

Fantastic idea - I have inked some of mine but it does give a matt finish. I will definitely be trying this idea!

hotpotato said...

Great idea Karen and I was soon digging out my wooden embellishments, heat gun and powders....fab results.