Monday 20 June 2016

Simple Stories Sunshine and Happiness AND WRMK Alphabet Punch Board

Hello, this month I worked with the new summery Simple Stories line Sunshine and and Happiness which is full of a beautiful rainbow of colours and patterns.




I used the sun ray background paper as a base for my layout and then went rainbow mad!  I brought out my Distress inks in the colours Spiced Marmalade, Tumbled Glass, Evergreen Bough, Peacock Feathers,  Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar and Scattered Straw.  


I also used the Tim Holtz mini stencil from the Set 4 pack to create a rainbow background to go across my sun ray page.  The distress inks blend so easily together and create the most gorgeous rainbow backgrounds.  

I was lucky enough to grab a “Bubbles” chipboard set from Dusty Attic and used an old favourite, Stickles, to create rainbow coloured bubble outlines to match the rainbow theme of the page, I even used the bubble inners from the pack and layered Stickles onto them to create multi coloured bubbles floating around the page.  

Finally I wanted to add a little pop to the page to emphasize the sun ray effect.  I cut out two pieces of paper from a co-ordinating sheet and created two of my own sun rays to sit behind my main photo.  This page is definitely a lot brighter than I normally do but I love how it has come out.

I also tested out this month the We R Memory Keepers Alphabet Punch board.  


This punch board is fabulous for creating easy letters for banners, cards, books whatever you fancy.  The punch board is approx. 11 ½ inches in length and 7 ¼ inches wide and is very solid.  
 


It includes two punches built into the board and a section that has a removable blade that cuts the letters in the right places to create the shape you are after.  The board also comes with a detailed step by step instruction book but you can also download an app onto your phone or ipad so the instructions are at your fingertips.   The board is easy to use and the instructions are so easy that my children have been having a whale of a time creating letters for themselves.  You have to cut each piece of paper to 3” by 5” as the base of your letter unless you wanted to create the letter “M” and then you can cut 5” by 5”, again the instructions tell you exactly what you need.  Once you have a few pieces of paper cut to size you can really create any sign you require. 


You can also customise your letters with a little fishtail edging with the punch provided on the board so you have a choice of two styles of letters with just one board.  This is now a staple in my scraproom!


Thanks for looking at my post, back in a few months xx

1 comment:

Lynn said...

A lovely summery, colourful page. x