Wednesday 22 June 2016

Kaisercraft Sea Breeze pt 2 ...Photo Bunting and a quick, easy layout.

Hi There.....Anita here with my final offering for June, once again using Sea Breeze papers by Kaisercraft.
I decided I would try my hand at making some photo bunting and as these papers are in my fave colours I just knew I had found the perfect ones to use and combined them with some family photo's.


I made a heart shaped template and then cut out 11 heart shapes on nice sturdy chipboard. I covered 6 with some of my favourite black and white photos, I then sponged around the edges with some white acrylic paint and the remaining 5 hearts were covered in scraps of paper including Refresh Splash and Swirl


I then added paper blossoms, sequins and butterflies that were given some *bling* using some Mercury Glass Stickles Each heart had 2 holes punched into them and I threaded them all up with some garden twine. I am really pleased with the final product and see a few more in the pipeline in different colours. I think they would be wonderful for a wedding decoration, using photo's of both the bride and groom, maybe as they grew up and decorated in the wedding colours or for a special anniversary.....or imagine for a child's first birthday with some of their 1st year milestones....the list could be endless!



I also made a very quick, simple layout. I based it on a sheet of Sea . I stuck a 5" wide band of  Refresh down the centre with a thin scalloped band of  Waterlily down each side.
I misted various patches with some Turquoise spray and added a sprinkling of turq and silver sequins and a selection of die cuts from the matching Collectables range.



I don't know about you, but I LOVE using my sewing machine to stitch sections on layouts if I get the chance. However......there is a brand new range of gorgeous stamps in the shop by a new manufacturer called 49 and Market
And in the range is a gorgeous set called Gabi's Line Stitch .....I fell in love with these and they sell out so quickly everywhere that I have seen them.....so I managed to grab a set.....and they ARE AWESOME!!! I used them around the edges of my layout....and I can see they will be appearing in LOTS of places from now on. ;)



Have you played with Sea Breeze yet?  If so, it would be lovely to see what you have created with it.
That's it from me now for June, I will be back in July with some gorgeous papers from Blue Fern Studios.
Happy Scrapping.
Anita xx


2 comments:

Lynn said...

Both of these projects are stunning Anita. love the way you have used the stamps on the layout and the bunting is a brilliant idea. Lynn x

Linda said...

Fabulous makes Anita, you're so creative x