Monday 3 October 2016

Jen Hadfield Warm and Cozy

Hello there, I'm back this month with a layout that I made using the gorgeous Jen Hadfield/Pebbles collection Warm and Cozy.



I started with the idea that I wanted to use autumnal leaves as my main focus for this layout.  I decided to use the wonderful new PaperArtsy Infusions to create my own leaf background texture.  These Infusions are addictive!  I wet some watercolour paper with a brush and shook some Infusions in the colours, Golden Sands, Sunset Beach and The Sage on top of the wet paper and watched the colours melt together to create the most impressive background for my leaves.  To add a little shine I also sprinkled some Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder in Ancient Copper and Rich Gold on to the paper.  This added a wonderful subtle shimmer to the leaves.



I took the watercolour paper and used Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves and my Big Shot Plus to cut out leaves to use on my layout.  These dies go through the paper like butter and have really handy little holes to help ease your die cut out if they get stuck in the die.  As I will show you later, they also cut a variety of materials, not just paper!  I used these dies to cut a pattern in the background paper (Log Cabin) and layered a piece of "Sprigs" behind the leaf shapes that I had cut out to add more dimension.



On the background paper I sprinkled some Cosmic Shimmer Mist in Ancient Copper around the background to compliment the leaves and the wood on the paper.  It is a really simple layout but with lots of texture and depth thanks to those lovely leaves.

I highly recommend you try out the wonderful Infusions and Pixie Powders to create your own backgrounds and pull out those dies and make your own individual die cuts!

Finally I just wanted to show you that dies are not just for paper!  I used my Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves to cut out felt and glitter fabric with my Big Shot Plus to make my own autumnal wreath for my front door.  I often use my dies for home projects to get full use out of them and I encourage you to do the same.  I purchased an inexpensive plain wreath from a home store and then used my hot glue gun to stick my felt leaves onto it.



Back later this month with more from Warm and Cozy and how to make a non-Halloween, Halloween layout!

2 comments:

Anita said...

They are both absolutely beautiful xx

Lynn said...

Love the leaves, the powders are great for this. Lovely projects Julie. x