Monday 24 July 2017

Authentique & Mixed Media layout

Always Perfect by Tracee


Happy Monday to you all. I'm here today to share a layout with you, that is a little different to my usual style. I used the Always collection by Authentique along with some Dusty Attic chipboard and a whole host of different mixed media supplies.


In my DT pack this month I was sent the Always Collection by Authentique to play with, this is a  monochromatic, distressed kind of dark collection and not my usual style. I was a little perplexed to start with and then an accident with some black gesso gave me the push that I needed.
After I had spread my "big blob" of black gesso into some kind of shape I applied some white texture paste through a stencil to try and tone it down a little and make it look like I might have planned this all along!


The Wrought Iron Trim chipboard set has 3 pieces and I used the 2 smaller pieces for my page. I first inked them both with black, I added some aged gold embossing powder to one and the other I painted with some black pearl paint. I added more chipboard with my 2 word title and I gave those similar treatments.


I am not known for flowers on my pages, I usually avoid them as I can never seem to get them to look right, but once again climbing out of my comfort zone I created a little cluster at one side of my photo. I went crazy splattering inks, mists, and paint to give my page a really distressed look. I decided that this still wasn't quite enough so I added some micro beads and glass bead gel too!

I had quite a lot of fun creating this proving that it good to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while. For supplies for my page please pop over to the shop, There is a Sale on right now to so even more bargains to be found!





No comments: