Wednesday 12 July 2017

Using a Travel Collection on a Non-Themed Project


Hi all!

It's Chloé here again, with my last project using the Crate Paper Oasis collection. As you can imagine, after already creating several projects, it took me a little while to decide on what I wanted to share today. 

I thought it might be fun to show you how I used papers and stickers from a travel-themed collection, on a non-themed project in my creative journal.


Now, I may have cheated a little, as I used the non-themed bits of the collection and also pulled a few stickers from my own stash (the floral puffy stickers are by Pebbles, previously available at Papermaze)... but, it just goes to show that you shouldn't disregard a collection simply because it's marketed with a certain theme. Of course, some things (like palm trees and bikinis!) are mainly travel-friendly, but there are also a lot of fun papers and more generic embellishments in this collection.

I used the leafy paper (ironically named "retreat") as a background, as this page documents a woodland scrapbook retreat. We all stayed in fabulous cabins and it was in the middle of the countryside. There were also several leaf/floral stickers on the 6x12 sheet that I made use of on this spread.



My favourite technique in scrapping and in my creative journals, is layering. I layer up different textures to create a more interesting look; on this small cluster alone there's cardstock, die cuts, torn edges and washi tape. I always finish my layouts by dotting around some stickers (in this case the puffy florals) and adding the date with one of my roller stamps.

I hope you enjoyed having another look into my creative journal!

Chloé



No comments: