Friday 16 November 2018

November Papermaze Kit


Hello Scrappers, Lynn here with a new kit for November which is now available in the store. Two layouts today, one featuring a family tree and another on a musical theme. 


Before we start, here is what you will receive in the kit, such beautiful autumnal colours and designs:


Simple Stories - Forever Fall collection- Autumn Love & Gather Together
Photo Play - Fall Breeze collection - Autumn Leaves
Stamperia - Music collection - Music - Turquoise Texture
Pebbles - Patio Party collection - Panels
Echo Park - Celebrte Autumn -Autumn Floral
Bazzill Basics - Natural and Desert Coral Dark


Reverse side of papers
Extra Bazzill pack - Lagoon, Hazard, Candle & Pinecone.



Embellishments

2 American Crafts Leaves, 5 Jewels, 3 brads, 1 label plate, 2 wood slices, 1 music clip, 1 flower, 10 sequins, 1 alphabet sticker sheet, 50cm hessian.


For my first layout with this kit, I created a family tree. My tree shows my great Grandparents and their 14 children all dressed up for the wedding of the eldest child in 1913.


Start by Gutting the Candle Bazzill making a frame 1" wide all the way around the edges. Trim the Photo Play - Fall Breeze - Autumn Leaves paper to 11" x 11" and mount behind the Bazzill frame.

I used my Cricut to cut a large tree (11") from the Pinecone Bazzill, saving the scraps from this for later.  Stick the tree to the background. I printed a family group photo onto a sheet of A4 photo paper. I made a feehand leaf template and cut each of the family members from the photo. I arranged these leaves onto the tree, sticking them down with 3D foam tape. I trimmed the Desert Coral Dark Bazzill to 10.5" x 10.5" and set this piece aside. Then I cut bows from the leftover strips, using a die from the Sizzix Thinlits Funky Festive die set. To each bow I added a tiny brown gem.

I wrote the name of each of the family members on the branches next to their leaf. For the title and date I used the letter stickers from the kit.


***

For my second layout I picked out the musical elements and papers. It shows my daughter,  Emily making her entrance to her wedding and records the music the couple chose for this part of the ceremony. 


First I gutted the Lagoon Bazzill to leave a 1" frame onto which I mounted the Stamperia - Music collection - Music - Turquoise Texture paper. This was torn around the edges and inked with Distress Ink. I cut slits into the paper a various points and rolled back the edges, tucking pieces of doily behind the gaps.

From the Pinecone Bazzill scraps I cut one complete circle using the Pretty Wreath Sizzix Thinlit die. I mounted my photo behind this wreath and trimmed it to fit. This was mounted onto the layout with 3D foam tape, leaving the edges free so I could tuck things under later.

I then cut the remaining hessian into two pieces to stick horizontally across the layout, tucking them under the photo. I added a thin strip of rose ribbon from my stash. I cut three more incomplete wreaths from the Bazzill and arranged them around the first complete one. With scraps of Lagoon, Natural and Candle Bazzill I cut flowers branches and leaves from the same die set and arranged these on the wreath and other places.

I made three tags using Natural and Pinecone Bazzill and attached these with the brads from the kit. I wove some jute twine through the tags to join them together. The journalling was written across the finished tags.

For my title I used some letter stickers from the kit, a QuicKutz (Ginger) alphabet and some Kaisercraft chipboard letters. The letters were painted with a base coat of Ground Espresso Distress Paint, then dabbed with Brushed Corduroy and Evergreen Bough Distress Paint. Once all this was dry I added Glossy Accents to give a high gloss finish.

Finally I added spots of Nuvo Crystal Glitter Drops - Emerald City to the flower centres and scattered the wood effect sequins over the page.

Thanks for looking.
Back with two more autumnal pages soon.
Lynn x

2 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely layouts Lynn and each one so different. This looks like a very versatile kit. x

Anita said...

Lovely pages as always Lynn <3 and what a super kit xx