Wednesday 9 January 2019

Lantern Retro Makeover with Authentique *Jingle*

Hi There and Happy New Year Everybody!!

It's Anita here today and I have been using some lovely Authentique *Jingle* papers to prettify a red lantern that I have had for a couple of years.

 I don't know if you are like me or not, but I just cannot resist a good bargain when I see one! A couple of years ago, straight after Christmas, I saw some red lanterns, filled with tiny little lights and reduced by 70%! Not one who can leave bargains on the shelf I quickly purchased 2 and bought them home and packed them away for the following Christmas!
 So then out they came for Christmas 2017 and they sat on the sideboard, sparkling away.....but actually looking quite plain. So this Christmas they came out again.....only this time they cried out for a make over!



I saw some of the gorgeous Christmas papers in the shop and noticed 2 lovely new collections from Authentique. They were both really nice but in the end I chose to use the Jingle papers.
I cut some of the multi coloured candy stripes from the sheet of Retro Holiday Candies and used them to frame each side of the actual lantern part.



I also cut the red and white candy cane stripes that framed some of the Santa images on the sheet of Retro Christmas Cut aparts and used these to decorate the top plate and base plate edges of the lantern.


The lovely retro ladies also came from the sheet of cut aparts and I fussy cut one for each side and also the Father Christmas was from the same sheet.




I trimmed a sprig from one of my long garlands I use to decorate our bannisters and wrapped it around the top of the lantern before adding a selection of Christmas flowers, berries, glittered ivy leaves and some miniature glass baubles to just finish it off.


So... keep your eye out for some bargains....you can have all sorts of fun altering them.
Happy Crafting!

Anita xx

3 comments:

Lynn said...

This is delightful Anita. x

Karen said...

This is lovely. Really like the vintage images. x

Anita said...

Thank you Lynn and Karen xxx