Monday 7 January 2019

Pebbles Cozy & Bright - A Pawfect Christmas

Hello, Karen here.  I hope you had a good Christmas and that 2019 is being kind to you.

I have another layout to share today using the Cozy & Bright collection from Pebbles Inc. The layout includes a photograph my son took a couple of days after our dog Millie came to live with us on Boxing Day 2011.


I started with a sheet of red Bazzill cardstock and onto this I matted a sheet of the Warm & Cozy (B Side) paper which I had trimmed approx ⅛" from each edge.

My 4"x6" photo was matted on white cardstock and then various pieces of the patterned paper and a white paper doilie were arranged underneath this in the centre of the layout.



Some of the cards from the Merry Little Christmas cut apart sheet.  which were a woodgrain pattern, were also tucked in between the layers. I machine stitched with white thread around the edges of the papers and also stuck some torn pieces of gold polka dot washi tape on the edges of the layout.


When attaching the papers to the layout I made sure that one of the pieces of paper became a 'pocket' and I made a tag from some kraft cardstock for my journalling to put in the pocket. To make it easy for the tag to be removed I cut  a semi circular notch in the top of the pocket.


Gold stars punched from mirror card, wood veneer stars and sequins were arranged diagonally from the top right corner of the layout to the bottom left corner.


Cozy Chipboard Thickers and Simple Stories Sn@p Letter Stickers were used for the title.


Finally, I added a Freckled Fawn Wood Chip word, wood veneer heart and some pom pom trim beneath the photo. Millie's name was added with some small gold stickers.


I'm really enjoying working with the Cozy & Bright collection and will be back later in the month with another project using this festive collection.

Take Care
Karen x x

2 comments:

Anita said...

What a beautiful layout for a gorgeous puppy Karen, I love all the layers xx

Karen said...

Thank you Anita