Wednesday 10 April 2019

Simple Vintage Traveler Mini Book

Hi, Lisa here with a Mini Book today.


I love making mini books.
It's my favourite form of memory keeping.
Today I'm using the new Simple Stories collection called 'Simple Vintage Traveler'. You can view the whole range here.
 And I also have a YouTube video if you wanted to watch me create this book here.

 
Now, I do love colour and this collection is a little muted, so I decided to add my own pops of colour. I took my watercolours and painted a whole page of paper and left to dry whilst I created the mini book.
Then I cut out lots of hearts from the watercolour paper and dotted throughout the book.
 
 
Using the 12x12 papers, I fold them over & trimmed a few of them in to 2-3 pieces and these became my pages. Then I added the photos, then I went around and added the die cuts and the stickers from the 12x12 sticker sheet to embellish.  
 
 
I also added envelopes so I can add some memorabilia.
 
 
I also added some small tags so I could add extra journaling.
 
 
The Die Cut papers are great to cut up and add to pages like this here. And don't the pink hearts make a difference? They really brighten up the pages : )
 
 
I added a glassine envelope here and clipped in a leaflet from a place we visited.
 
 
The one thing that I really like when I make a mini book is creating lots of layers and levels of pages. Nothing is uniformed and there's so much to look at . I love this! 
 
 
I also added a few gold paperclips. Another way to add new textures and colour. 
 
 
And here's the back page. I'm so happy with how this has turned out. I hope it inspires you.
 
I'm so glad I picked this collection now despite it not catching my eye on first glance. I just love the contrasts that I've created. 
 
 
Thank you so much.
Lisa x
 
 
 

No comments: