Monday, 1 April 2019

March Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Hi, Lynn here today, with my second pair of layouts made with the March Kit. This kit is a lovely selection of beige, brown, pink, cream and white. 

Before looking at how the layouts were put together, here is a reminder of the kit content:

March Kit
Reverse side of papers
Patterned papers:
Kaisercraft - Whisper collection - Earthy and Buff
Kaisercraft - Everlasting collection - Admirer
Kaisercraft - Scrap Studio collection - Album
Prima - Lavender Frost - Hidden Truth
Stamperia - Rose with Scriptures SBB581
Bazzill - Stonehenge and Quartz

Extra Bazzill Pack
 Lily White, Bitter Chocolate, Walnut Cream and Olive
Doily, Dusty Attic Stitching, 30cm rose trim, 6 Line stickers, 8 mini lolly sticks, Prima flower, strip of enamel dots, 8 vanilla dew drops, 50cm jute twine.

Home Sweet Home is my first layout and it displays a photograph circa 1900, of William and Rebecca Billington, outside their wooden house at Holtwood Farm in Bedfordshire.

I chose the pretty Quartz Bazzill as the basis for this layout. With the sheet of
Rose with Scriptures paper, I cut a strip of the brown harlequin side to run the length of the page, but because I wanted to preserve some beautiful parts of the other side of the paper, I cut the paper thus: From left to right I cut a strip 4" x 12" which I reserved for later, then the piece for the layout as shown - this was 3" x 12", leaving 5" x 12" and again this was set aside.

With the
Buff paper I chose and trimmed two strips which I glued to the sides of the harlequin paper. With the left over Admirer paper I cut a strip of the white doilies in half lengthwise and trimmed round the pattern of each doily. This was attached either side of the strips, but only lightly glued in place so I could lift and tuck in more elements.

Using the pieces of
Rose with Scriptures paper set aside earlier, I cut out lots of interesting elements and arranged these on the layout tucking some under the doily paper.

I mounted my photo onto the centre of the page, again leaving the edges unstuck so I could add more elements. With the Bitter Chocolate Bazzill, I cut two twig wreaths using a Memory Box die. These were tucked in place under the photo along with more bits cut from the Rose and Scriptures paper .

To reflect the picket fencing around the house in the photo, I cut my lolly sticks in half and made a little fence, by sticking them in line along the bottom of the photo. I added two rows of the jute twine to complete the effect of a fence.

I used the Prima flower from the kit to the bottom left of the photo, then I found two small pink paper flowers left over from a previous kit.

I cut three butterflies from the Buff paper
and raising the wings with 3D foam pads, I glued the bodies in place onto the layout. I used some flower stamen for the butterflies' bodies and antenna by folding them in half and twisting them back on themselves, then glued them over the paper butterflies.

I scattered the dew drops over the Quartz Bazzill. The title was cut with a Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits die set - Cutout Script and Olive and Bitter Chocolate Bazzill. 

Wedding Album is my last layout from this kit. It forms the front page of my daughter and son-in-law's wedding album.

First I took a sheet of Walnut Cream Bazzill from the kit, and stamped around the edges of it with Potting Soil Archival Ink the script stamp from the
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Entomology Stamp Set. I then inked the page with Frayed Burlap and then Walnut Stain Distress Inks.

With the shaped sheet of paper called
'Album', I scored along about 1.5" in from the left, just inside the spiral binging. I attached the page to the Bazzill at an angle, I stuck it in place along the spiral only and with 3D foam pads to raise it up.

Then I made a collage with three small photos from the wedding, negative strips and quotes from the Buff paper and a few of the line stickers from the kit. I also created a bunch of lavender using the Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems #2 Sizzix Thinlits die set and some scraps of white card. I inked these with Dusty Concord and Forest Moss Distress Ink and tied them together with some of the left over jute twine. From my own stash I added a scrap of cotton lace, some burlap, a hat pin and a some ribbon from the wedding invitations.

The names and the word 'wedding' were cut from Olive Bazzill with a Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die Skittle Dee Do Alpha. The word 'album' was spelt out with Tim Holtz Ideology Alpha Tiles. The date was made with Making Memories Tiny Alpha stickers.

From the Buff sheet of paper I cut more of the negative strips and the rulers and tucked them under the opening of the album page so they appear to be poking out from the 'album'. I also trimmed a piece of Hidden Truth paper with a spiral notebook punch edging and tucked this under the left side of the 'album' to look like a page had been removed.

As you can see from the last photo, the album opens and I plan to add some paper inside to cover the space left by the stamping and the back of the Album paper. I can then add journalling about the wedding.

That's the last of my layouts using this lovely March Kit, I will be back with the April designs later in the month.

Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

1 comment:

Anita said...

Beautiful work Lynn, That picket fencing from the lolly sticks is so inspiring!! xx