Monday 14 October 2019

'You Rock' Scrapbook Layout using Shimelle's Field Trip Collection

Hello, Rebecca back again with another layout created using the colourful Field Trip Collection by Shimelle. I'm still loving this collection and really enjoy working with it.

This month I've created a layout titled 'You Rock'. I've used a photo of my little boy and as the main colour on his top is green, I decided to use some green bazzill cardstock for my background, with a layer of white on top, but off-set at an angle.




I then decided to hand stitch along the edges of the white cardstock using embroidery thread. I've used two colours for a bit of extra interest.


I really wanted to use the Break It Up patterned paper as I love the colourful (not quite!) circles on it. I decided to fussy cut these 'circles' out leaving a small white border around the edge. I then placed them randomly across the centre of my layout and propped some up on craft foam to add dimension.


I wanted the green to flow throughout the layout so I matted my photo on white and green cardstock and then also placed a layer of tissue paper behind it. I also propped the photo up on craft foam.

I cut out some of the words from the Hear Me Roar patterned paper, matted them on the green bazzill cardstock and placed them under my photos. Seeing as the 'circles' aren't quite circles, I decided I didn't want anything straight on this layout and so stuck them down at wonky angles.


I also matted some of the words from the Accent and Word Phrase Stickers sheet and stuck them down on some of the circles.

I added my title, 'You Rock' from the Genius Puffy Phrase Stickers sheet, and printed my journalling and adhered using pritt stick so that the paper didn't get too wet and wrinkly.

I finished my layout with some brightly coloured Nuvo Drops around the two edges of the green cardstock.



I hope you've enjoyed this layout. The collection is still available in the shop so head on over to have a browse.

Take care,

Rebecca x

No comments: