Thursday 26 December 2019

Merry and Bright ....Simple Stories Vintage Country Christmas


Happy Christmas to you all!

Its Anita here with a last minute layout using some left over bits from Simple Stories Vintage Country Christmas papers.

Last October I started to teach myself to needle felt as a new hobby and I quickly fell in love with it. This is a photo of my first Christmas Angel I made and she has a tiny robin on her hand.


The little robin inspired the use of the Tim Holtz bird and birdcage die and I used scraps to turn the bird into a little robin with sparkly wings.

The layout is framed using Classic Red cardstock and also a sheet of Wonderful Life from the Collection. I cut the sheet in 2, a little above the half way line, flipped one side onto the reverse side and then taped them back together to  form the background.Then added some cotton lace to cover the join line.

The various panels and elements were cut from the sheet of  4 x 6 Elements and I used some scraps of the reverse which is a lovely polka dot red and white to die cut the bow from.


Gold mirri board was good for die cutting the cage and add a little Christmas shine and the robin is created from brown card, brown glitter card and some scraps of the polka dot paper.



I hope you get time to do some crafting over Christmas....don't forget there are lots of fabulous goodies available in the SHOP ....and if Santa hasn't bought you any....then maybe you should treat yourself!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

Warmest wishes
Anita xx

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Great page! The little felted Christmas Angel is delightful and the the bird in the cage is the perfect embellishment too. Merry Christmas.

Anita said...

Thank you so much Elizabeth, Merry Christmas to you too x

Lynn said...

Anita, this is a lovely Christmasy layout. I love the angels and other felt creatures you make too. x

Anita said...

Thanks Lynn, thought I really should do some layouts with them on lol xx

Karen said...

Lovely layout Anita and your felted creations are beautiful. x x