Wednesday 11 December 2019

December Papermaze Kit

Hello - Lynn here today with the December Papermaze kit. This kit is a collection of Christmas papers, but several of them could easily be used for non-Christmas layouts too. Take a look on the fabulous new shop website, for the kit, the products used here, and much more. 


Before looking at the layouts in detail - here is what you will find in the kit.



Patterned papers:
Simple Stories - Holly Jolly collection - Home for the Holidays & Cozy Christmas
Kaisercraft - Under the Gum Leaves collection - Protea
Kaisercraft - Enchanted collection - Imagine
Authentique - Rejoice collection - Rejoice #22
American Crafts - Heidi Swapp - Winter Wonderland collection - Poinsettia Lane
Bazzill cardstock - Fawn & Crabapple Dark



reverse side of papers
Extra Matched Bazzil Cardstock Pack
The extra Bazzill pack is made up of Butter Mints, Mocha Divine, Safari, Grenadine.



Embellishments include: Doily, exclusive star stencil, 50cm twine, 2 paper fern leaves, Prima paper flower, 2 heart buttons, 3 tiny paper roses glittery chipboard star, 20cm lace with velvet ribbon &  strip dots.

Merry Christmas - This layout features a photograph of my daughter having breakfast with her cousins on Christmas Eve when she was doing Panto in Bromley in 2017.



I used Distress Oxide Ink Pads for this layout, for inking all the edges and for working through the stencil. The colours I chose - Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint and Crushed Olive.

Starting with Simple Stories Cosy Christmas I gutted the paper to make a frame 2.5cm deep all round. I tore the edges of the Butter Mints Bazzill to reduce the size to 28cm x 28cm. 



I trimmed some of the images from the Authentique - Rejoice #22 paper, I used both sides of this sheet and arranged them and the photo onto the Bazzill, I lightly marked where they would be with a pencil and removed them again. Then with the Papermaze exclusive star stencil I inked several times with the Distress Oxide above and below the photo and a smaller amount at the bottom left of the page.


Next all the images and photo were put back in place and stuck down, some onto the page, and others raised with 3D foam pads.

With the glittery chipboard star from the kit, I added a little Safari Bazzill to fill the centre. From my stash I added some red dew drops, some Pebbles - Merry, Merry puffy stickers, a gold and white paper straw, a Tim Holtz Ideology Quote Chip and two yellow star pins.


As many of the paper's images had the word 'Merry', I die cut the word 'Christmas' from Safari Bazzill with the Sizzix Thinlit set - Retro Merry Christmas. I made this shiny with some Glossy Accents.

I added my journalling beneath the straw pieces and then made my stenciled stars glitter with some Crystal Stickles


Heartfelt and Homemade - for this layout I used this favourite photo of my three babies wearing the Christmas Pudding hats I knitted for them in 1992. I have scrapped this photo before, but to keep things fair it has to be done three times so there is one of each of their albums! 



I was inspired by a layout on the Kaisercraft site by Trudi Harrison as a good starting point for my page. I loved both sides of the Winter Wonderland - Poinsettia Lane paper, and always love a strip pattern. So I divided the paper in half and flipped one half to give me vertical stripes at the bottom and the flowers at the top of the layout. With the Grenadine Bazzill, (I gutted the card to leave a frame of 2.5cm and set this aside for next time). With the remainder Grenadine I die cut some lace using the Crochet Sizzix Thinlits set and stuck this along the join between the two papers. Then I mounted my photo onto the same colour Bazzill. I tucked three small doilies under the photo. Then built up the decoration with more Sizzix Thinlit dies and a selection of Bazzill from the kit, with the addition of cream and yellow Bazzill from my stash. The swirls were cut with the Adorned set and gold metallic card. Most of the flowers and greenery were die cut with the Large Festive Funky set and the fir cones with the Festive Greens set. I inked some of the Safari Bazzill pieces with Forest Moss Distress Oxide Ink to give another shade of green to the leaves.

I arranged all the elements around the photo, sticking them only partly to the page to allow some movement. The berries and the poinsettia centers were made shiny with Glossy Accents. 



I cut the 'Heartfelt and Homemade' sentiment from the Authentique - Rejoice #22 paper and double mounted it with gold and
Grenadine Bazzill, this was raised up with 3D foam pads and attached to the bottom right of the page. 

I added Nuvo Crystal Drops - Simply White Gloss, in various size blobs around the greenery.

I will be back with more layouts from this kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

3 comments:

Anita said...

Absolutely wonderful layouts Lynn, so much detail on both with all the various elements. I adore the photo of the triplets, too cuuute!!xx

Karen said...

Gorgeous layouts Lynn. This kit looks really versatile and I love how you've used it. x x

Lynn said...

Thank you for the lovely comments . xx