Friday 24 January 2020

The Muttcracker by Photoplay - May your days be Furry & Bright

Hello, Karen C here with you today to share another layout using The Muttcracker collection from Photoplay. The Muttcracker collection is a bright primary coloured Christmas collection and  perfect for scrapbooking festive photos of your furry friends. I used a photo taken Christmas 2018 by my daughter when she was playing around with some Snapchat filters.


I started my layout by trimming a quarter of an inch off of each side of a sheet of the Feliz Navidog paper and matted this onto a sheet of white cardstock. I machine stitched round the edges using white thread.


Two large Christmas trees were cut from white cardstock using a template from the Silhouette Studio and the 'baubles' on the trees were backed with scraps of cardstock which matched The Muttcracker collection. The trees were then attached to the layout using foam to raise them up. Two torn strips of white cardstock were placed at the bottom of the layout to give the impression of fallen snow.


My photo was printed at roughly 7.5" x 4". I matted the photo with white cardstock and then placed it on top of the Christmas trees and added some red photo corners.



To embellish the layout I fussy cut some of the dogs from the Countdown paper. The images were matted onto white card and I then stuck them in groups  along the bottom of the layout on foam to add dimension.


The dog with the reindeer antlers and scarf was so like my dog that it was the perfect embellishment. A few stickers from the Element Sticker sheet were also added.


A border sticker from the sticker sheet was stuck to the top of the layout.


Foam letter stickers from Pink Paislee were used to make the title.


The layout was finished off with a few sequins and letter stickers from Websters were used to add the date.

Thank you for stopping by.

Take Care,
Karen x x

1 comment:

Anita said...

Love this page Karen, such fun. Great photo too! xx