Carta Bella - Home Again collection - Leaves, Magnolias, and Tags
Kaisercraft - Ladylike collection - Jessica
Simple Stories - Winter Farmhouse collection - Falling Snow
Photoplay - For the Love of Winter collection - Through the Woods
Bazzill Basics - Natural & Lagoon
|Reverse side of papers|
Embellishments - 2"x 12" corrugated card, 2 mini frames, 2 decorative pins, 18" brown mesh, Sn@p! Studio Alpha Stickers, acetate, strip of pearls, 3 wooden hearts, 2 bark butterflies, 3 white paper blossoms, 2 aqua paper roses, 2 tags
Smile - My first layout is a photograph from my daughter's wedding last summer.
This layout was inspired by one of my favourite scrapbookers - Gabrielle Polloco, and her romantic layout, I spotted some years ago.
All the inking for this layout was done with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
I started by gutting a sheet of Birchtone Dark Bazzill. Then I trimmed the 'Tags' paper, by heavily distressing the edges and then inking them. I also gutted the Lagoon Bazzill, and set aside the frame for another layout and used the remainder for die cuts for this layout.
After making a heart shaped template approx. 10" deep and 10" tall, I drew around this template onto the centre of the paper (stripe side) and carefully cut this shape away using a craft knife. Then I drew around the template again onto the 'Falling Snow' paper (dot side), and cut this shape out.
I attached the Bazzill frame and the stripe paper onto a scrap sheet of 12" x 12" paper as a base.
With the 'Through The Woods' paper (horizontal wood panel side) I cut a piece 12" x 4.5", distressed and inked the edges. Then this was placed across the middle of the page.
I trimmed the dotty heart shape with some cotton lace from my stash. I glued this to the back so it peeps out from underneath. The decorated heart was then applied over the heart shaped gap in the stripe paper.
I took three small white paper doilies from my stash and arranged them over the heart. Then I wrapped some 1 1/2" wide ribbon over the layout from both sides and tied a bow arranged to lie to the left of the photo. I mounted the photo onto another piece of 'Through The Woods' paper and attached to the layout using foam tape.
Next came all the die cutting! I cut flowers, a branch and leaves using the Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits die set - Funky Floral Large and the title with the Shadow Script #2 set. Then I cut a fence panel using a Crafter's Companion Die - from the Fence and Gate set. The latter was embossed with clear embossing powder. For all these die cuts I used Lagoon, Aqua and Birchtone Dark Bazzill (from the kit) and some pale pink scraps from my stash. The flowers were inked and layered up around the photo.
Mendham Wheelbarrow Competition - We are new to the village here in Mendham and last summer we were asked to join in the wheelbarrow competition. This photo was taken when we first planted up the barrow, a few months before the judging.
As a base for this layout I used the sheet of Stonehenge Bazzill. Then I took the 'Leaves' paper and carefully cut the wooden border off and mitered the corners. Then I distressed and inked the edges before reconstructing the frame onto the Bazzill.
The rest of the paper was cut in half (keeping the planks horizontal). I turned one half so the leaves were uppermost, distressed and inked the edges then applied it to the top half of the page. For the other piece with the plank side uppermost, I cut all the planks apart, distressed and inked them, then placed them onto the bottom half of the layout. I only added glue to the ends of the planks to leave me room to tuck the tags in later.
I added some of the strip of mesh along the join in the middle of the layout. Then I mounted the photo onto a piece of Aqua Bazzill cardstock, attaching it to the layout with some foam tape.
I created the title next, using the Sn@p letter stickers from the kit and some Pink Fresh Studio Indigo Hills #2 mini puffy alpha stickers. Once these were in position I knew where I could add the tags. With the scraps from the 'Tags' paper, I trimmed some of the tags inked the edges and made holes in the tops. These were tucked in-between the planks, then I tied some jute twine through the holes in the tags.
Finally I added brads to the corners of the frame and the two bark butterflies to the top right of the layout.
More from this kit in a couple of weeks.
Thanks for looking.