Friday 3 June 2022

Echo Park Endless Summer - Catch a Wave

Hello, Karen here with my first layout using the fabulous Endless Summer collection from Echo Park. This collection is so bright and sunny and is perfect for scrapbooking photos of days spent on the beach or in the pool but would also work equally well with any bright sunny photos. For my layout I chose a few photos of my daughter Body-boarding at the beach.


I used just one sheet of paper from the collection - Colors of the Sun. This paper is filled with a huge multi-coloured sun burst. I trimmed 5mm off of each edge of the paper, sliced all the sun rays up (leaving the centre circle intact) and then attached the whole sheet to a piece of white cardstock with double sided tape down the centre of each sun ray.


Using white sewing thread I straight stitched along the edge of each sun ray and then using my finger nails I bent each edge upwards. This creates lots of dimension and gives the layout more interest.


I trimmed a large photo into a circle and added this to the centre of the sun burst placing it slightly off centre, so that the yellow circle is still visible underneath, and raised it up on 3D foam. Three 4x3 rectangular photos were matted onto white cardstock and added to the left side of the layout with more 3D foam underneath. The photo was embellished with pieces from the chipboard accents sheet


To add more interest to the layout, using my Silhouette Cameo I die cut some waves from white cardstock and placed these horizontally on the layout. More 3D foam was placed underneath the waves.


Finally I printed some journalling onto some yellow cardstock and added this to the bottom left corner of the layout.

I love the sun burst paper used on this layout and hope you do too. I think this particular sheet of paper may sell out quite quickly! But don't worry. Several manufacturers have included sun burst papers in their collections recently so if the Echo Park paper I used isn't available you could try another collection or you could make your own sun burst paper with strips of paper cut from papers of your choice.

I'll be back soon with more from Echo Park's Endless Summer but until then take care. Karen x x

No comments: