Thursday 30 June 2022

Let's Talk About Hidden Journaling

 Hi,

It's Lisa here today chatting the why's and how's of hidden journaling.


I've created this page here in my journal using the Heidi Swapp collection - Sun Chaser here.

It's the first page of our June Disneyworld trip.

As much as I love telling stories, I don't always want them on full display for a variety of reasons, that's when hiddenly journaling comes in really handy.  


For this particular page I wanted my photo to be the main focus.

So I covered it with patterned paper from this collection so I could journal my story on the back and attached it with some clear tape on the left side creating a little hinge so the photo could open out and then the story can be read.


There's also a glassine bag on the right side. This would be perfect to add hidden journaling inside too, however I've popped an Animal Kingdom park map inside as we were there on this day.

I've added some bit from the papers to pretty it up a bit.


    On the opposite page I wanted to create a little pocket.

I've used an envelope and covered up with the coordinating papers. The top edge I've left torn as I love this look.

I've managed to create 2 pockets from the one envelope.

The top part which is the actual envelope has the receipts from our food that day and the second pocket I made using a smaller piece of vellum. Attaching it on 3 sides and leaving the top tape free.   


This way you can slide bits in to this second pocket.

I love the tags on one of the papers so I cut these for some more hidden journaling.


I stuck the tags to another of the papers which I knew would be perfect for extra journaling.
These little tags worked so well.


I shared a video process of this page being created here and I talk lots more about hidden journaling and the benefits. 

It's great if the journaling is personal or if you struggle to journal.

I love adding hidden journaling. I think it makes a page so much fun having to open flips, take our of pockets and bags. I love an interactive page.


I hope this inspires you today.

Thanks so much.

Lisa xx   

1 comment:

HC said...

Hi,
Loving this layout, so colourful and layered.
In your lovely images I can see a cloud planner?? did you create this?
Thank you for sharing :)