Monday 20 February 2023

Echo Park Snowed In - Snow Much Fun

Hello, Karen here again with another layout to share using the Snowed In collection from Echo Park. Have you had any snow this winter? Did you take any photos? Do you have snowy photos from previous years? This collection is perfect for scrapbooking those snowy memories.

For today's layout, I started with a sheet of white 12x12 cardstock and in the centre I painted some Arctic Blue Cosmic Shimmer Mist. I don't think this is still available in the shop but there are plenty of other similar coloured inks in stock which you could use instead.

Once the ink had dried, I trimmed the cardstock down by about 5mm on each edge and machine stitched this to a sheet of the Sweater Weather (B Side) paper leaving a narrow border. Using a blue ink pad I then stamped some snowflakes randomly on the background. The mixed media did make the cardstock warp quite a bit, but I'm hoping that once the layout is in an album it will flatten out.

Using my Silhouette Cameo I cut, from black cardstock, a 'Snow Much Fun' cutfile by CUTtoYOU and backed this with papers from the collection.


The backed cutfile was attached to the background with 3D foam underneath to create some dimension. The added dimension and the black cardstock really makes the cutfile pop against the background.

My 5x3.5 photo was matted with more of the Sweater Weather paper and was tucked underneath the bottom right edge of the cutfile.


Using some of the Chipboard Accents I embelished the cut file. 


I chose chipboard words and images that suited the theme of my photo and strategically placed these so the words beneath could still be read.


I die cut some snowflakes from white glitter cardstock and used these to embelish the layout further.

More Chipboard Accents were added to the centres of the glittery snowflakes.

Finally, I added a scattering of sequins to the layout and the names of the boys were printed onto white cardstock and added to the photo.

I hope this layout has inspired you to scrapbook those snow filled memories and I'll be back soon with another project to share.

Take Care,

Karen x x



No comments: