Wednesday 15 February 2023

February Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today, with the first two of my layouts using the new Papermaze kit for February. A very bright, cheery and colourful collection. Ideal papers and embellishments for St. Valentine's Day as well as other occasions. Here are my first two layouts.


 Here are the details of what you will find in the kit:

Patterned paper:
American Crafts - Jen Hadfield - Stardust collection - Lucky Charm
Bella BLVD - Our Love Song collection - Skip A Beat & You're A Dream
Pinkfresh Studio - Delightful collection - Dream Chaser
Simple Stories - Heart Eyes collection - Kissing Booth
Carta Bella - My Valentine collection - Sweetheart Plaid
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Bazzill White & Princess Pink


Embellishments:
2 Doodlebug tangerine doilies, 3 heart stamps, ribbon, 30cm ribbon, 1 Prima flower, 2 P13 light chipboard love hearts, 10 Bo Bunny candy dots, 6 Doodlebug puffy heart stickers, & 1/4 sheet Rosie's Studio glitter foam word stickers


Extra Bazzill Basics Pack
Lagoon, Mauve Ice, Grenadine & Apricot

A Day Out to London - This paper said 'retro' to me, so I chose a photo of me in the 1970's with my flared jeans and large collared shirt. I was taking my little brother to London for the day.

The Princess Pink Bazzill was gutted to make a frame of 2.5cm deep. Then I trimmed the Lucky Charm paper to measure 28.5cm x 28.5cm and hand stitched (back stitch), in black embroidery floss between each colour band.



I mounted the embroidered paper onto black Bazzill which had been trimmed to 29cm x 29cm, to make a very narrow back border. This was then mounted over the pink frame.



I mounted my photo onto white and then black Bazzill, and glued this in place on the paper.



I found a retro style font and cut it the title in pink and black Bazzill, offsetting the coloured card over the black to create a shadow. Then I also cut the year in black and a scrap of orange Bazzill, and treated this in the same way as the title. The title and date were then glued into place on the layout, following the lines of the stitching.



Finally, I added journalling with a black marker pen, also following the lines of stitching.

Love at Christmas - This photo of my daughter and her husband was taken just before Christmas last year. I couldn't resist using my new 'True Love' Sizzix die set with these papers.


I used the White Bazzill as a base for this layout, and picked the two Bella BBlvd - Our Love Song papers from the kit to use with it.



I tore across the top of the sheet of Skip a Beat paper to make the piece about 23cm high. I tore  band of You're A Dream paper 5cm deep. Lay these papers in place and note where the white card shows. Remove the papers and with a Tim Holtz, Layering Stencil 'Sparkle' THS132 and some Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide Ink, I stencilled some stars so they will be seen just above the paper line. Then I glued the papers back in place.



My photo was mounted onto some of the Princess Pink Bazzill left over from the first layout and glued onto the layout.



Then I had fun with the new Tim Holtz 'True Love' Sizzix Thinlits Colorize die set. I used some Bazzill from the kit and others from my stash. I also used the 'Bow Tied' set. I placed the lid directly to the layout and then with foam tape I raised the box of chocolates. I also scattered a few individual chocolates at the bottom of the page.



To the top left of the layout, I added my title using puffy alpha stickers from my stash (American Crafts, Vicki Boutin's Joyful Phrases and Rosie's Studio's Hearth & Home). I surrounded the title with the puffy heart stickers from the kit.



Finally, I added the date with
Doodlebug Teensy Type Alphabet Stickers - Lily White.

As a little extra, I created a Valentine card using the same die sets, and cardstock.



That's all for today, I will be back with more from this kit very soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x


No comments: