Friday 1 September 2023

August Papermaze Kit - Part 2

Hello, Lynn here today, with my second post showing layouts made with the Papermaze kit for the month of August. Full of tropical papers, card and embellishments.

Before looking at how the layout was made, here is what you will find in the kit.


Patterned Papers:
Prima Marketing Inc. - Postcards from Paradise collection - Floral Paradise & Tropical Vibes
Pinkfresh Studio - Sunshine on my Mind collection - Love This Day & Paradise Found
Pinkfresh Studio - Tourist Mode collection - Sightseeing
49 and Market - Spectrum Gardenia collection - Classics Pink Skies
Bazzill Basics - Avalanche & Aqua

Reverse side of papers

Embellishments: 10 Prima Ephemera Pieces, Prima Harmony Flower, 4 Prima Chipboard phrase stickers, 49 and Market Color Swatch Blossom Tickets Essential, enamel flamingo charm, 5 Doodlebug puffy heart stickers, Rosie's Studio Puffy Scatter Stickers, Pinch of Pinkfresh Studio Jewel Essentials, 2 Rosie's Studio chipboard frames.


Extra Bazzill Basics Pack: Pastel Blue, Watermelon Sensation, Ivy & Pinkini.

Flights of Fancy - This photo was taken at Henstead Exotic Garden in Suffolk where we help out. It shows Alan Titchmarsh visiting Andrew who created the garden for the Flights of Fancy
part of Britain's Best Garden series. His garden was a winner for 2015.


For this layout I started by fussy cutting all the leaves from the 'Paradise Found' paper. I inked the edges of the leaves with Saltwater Taffy Distress Ink and curved the leaves. Then I arranged them in a frame around the 'Love This Day' paper. I used foam tape to add shape to the leaves.



I cut the two birds from the 'Tropical Vibes' paper, and I made a tag for my journalling from the scraps of this paper too. 





I used DMC Threads in a variety of colours to match the papers, I threaded them through the hole made in the tag. Then I unravelled the individual coloured threads so they all mingled together. Then I wrote my journalling on the tag.



Together with the Prima paper flower from the kit, I arranged the birds and tag onto the page.
Selecting from the kit, I used the ephemera and the chipboard phrases on the page too.
My title was cut from some metallic card, using a Tim Holtz BigsXL Sizzix die - Society. The title was added to the top of the page, across the leaves. I decorated the leaves with tiny dots of Nuvo Crystal Drops in White.



Finally, the date was created with Rosie's Studio Simply Charming puffy letter stickers.




Fun in the Sun - A photo of my daughter, complete with face paint, taken on a day out to Pecorama, when on holiday in Devon.

I trimmed the 'Pink Skies' paper to measure 11.5" x 11.5" and mounted it on a 1" frame, gutted from the Ivy Bazzill cardstock.  I used a craft knife to cut round the right-hand wings of the butterfly.


I mounted my photo onto Ivy cardstock, and placed it onto the layout, tucking it under the butterfly wings I cut earlier, without sticking it in place. Then I arranged the tickets from the kit around the photo, peeking out from under the photo. I also used a scrap of film frame from last month's kit.


I cut some phrases from the 'Sightseeing ' paper, inked the edges and laid them in place. All the elements prepared so far were then stuck in place.

I used a Pretty Little Studio - Sunkissed - Fun in the Sun Word Title to make my title, and raised it with foam pads. I added my daughter's name with some alphabet beads, threaded onto some pink wire.


The date was placed into the film frame with Doodlebug Designs Alphabet Soup puffy letter stickers - Cupcake.

Finally, I scattered the heart stickers from the kit, together with gems and sequins from my stash, over the page.


That's all from the August kit, I'll be back with the September kit soon.
Thanks for looking
Lynn x

No comments: