Saturday 21 September 2024

September Papermaze Kit - Part 1

Lynn here today, with the lovely new kit from Papermaze for September.  A combination of geometric patterns and floral papers. For my first two layouts I have used some subtle stencilling on the background Bazzill, linking it to the colours in the papers.

 

 Here is what you will find in the kit:


Patterned Papers:
Paige Evans - Adventurous collection - #10 & #24
Vicki Boutin - Bold + Bright collection - Great Day
Echo Park - Happy as Can Bee collection - Busy Busy Bees
Echo Park - Sunny Days Ahead collection - 3x4 Journalling Cards
P13 - Travel Journal collection - #03

The photo below shows both sides of all six papers in the kit:


Embellishments - Prima In Full Bloom Flower, Pinkfresh Making the Best of it alpha sheet, 3 frames 49 and Market Colour Swatch Ochre, 2 Rosie's Studio Born to Bloom acetate words,
2 P13 Travel Journal Tags, 12" Lace, A pinch of Pinkfresh Matte Gold Pearls.


Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Beeswax and Whirlpool (in main kit).
Smoky, Apricot, Fig Swirl and Twig (in extra pack).


Precious Memories - My son on his tricycle, showing off the quilt made by the stitching club I belonged to. We made this quilt to raffle for the Stuart Martin Memorial Fund. There were links between our twins' club, and the children's hospice.


I chose the White Bazzill as the backdrop for this layout. Then with a Vicki Boutin Stencil (Art for Everyone Set) and Distress inks (Wild Honey and Broken China), I stencilled hexagons randomly over the cardstock. I also diluted some of each ink and splattered it over the page.



I used two patterned papers for this layout, Adventurous #24 and Busy Busy Bees. I Cut the Bees paper diagonally, so it would fit at the top and bottom of the page. I distressed the cut edge of this paper. I cut a thin strip of the #24 paper to trim the edge of the previous papers. The edge of this was also distressed.


I cut the rainbow sun image from the 3x4 Journalling Cards paper and made this into a tag. I punched a hole in the top and added an eyelet from my stash. I tucked the tag into the patterned paper at the base of the layout. The date and journalling were printed onto white card and added to both sides of the finished tag. I threaded some twine through the eyelet.


The photos were mounted onto more of the Bee paper, then again onto Beeswax Bazzill. I also cut a piece of the 3x4 Journalling Cards and made a mount to offset to one side, under the photos, I used the B side of this paper, to pick out the aqua colours in the photo.


Finally, I used the alphabet stickers from the kit to spell out all the main details of the clubs and charities involved in the project.


Smile - Me with my Mum in the local park, back in the early 1960's.


This time I chose the Fig Swirl Bazzill as the base of this layout. I used another Vicki Boutin stencil from the same set, this one has a daisy design on it. I worked these on the left of the page using Distress Inks, first I used Old Paper, then highlighted the flower centres with Fossilized Amber.


I cut two pieces from the P13 #03 paper, one 12cm x 24cm floral side up and the other 6cm x 19 cm, map side up. The edges were distressed and inked. They were positioned side by side on the right of the page.  The photo was mounted in the centre of these pieces.


I arranged the three frames from the kit down the side left side of the photo. With a leaf frond die from the Tim Holtz Bloom Colourize set, I cut leaves from the Twig, Whirlpool and Beeswax Bazzill. these were arranged on the page together with the daisy from the kit.


I used one of the gold acetate phrases from the kit as my title. Finally, I added a lace butterfly from my own stash.


That's all for today, I'll be back with more from this kit soon.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

No comments: