Monday, 27 July 2026

Simple Stories - Open Road - Explore

Hello!

Claire here, and I'm back with another layout documenting my adventures with the Open Road collection from Simple Stories. 

This time, rather than focusing on Road trip photos, I've opted to document the outdoors.


I just love the colours and patterns in this collection so set about creating mountains from patterned papers. I used Journal Elements, You Are Here and Roadside Memories for thr two smaller pink mounting that are slightly hidden behind my photos.

To anchor the page, and add more colour, i really wanted to incorporate the map patterned paper called On Our Way! It seemed very fitting for an outdoor page and conveys the 'explore' theme of the layout.


I mounted my photos with the Adventure Awaits paper, offsetting them across the mountain scape.

To help balance the page, I added a tag under one photo to stretch the design out to the right, which i cut from the Tag paper.


Next, I went to the Cardstock Stickers Icons, adding trees, mountains, geotags and clouds to help bring the page to life. I also used the Edplore sticker for my title.



From the Floral Bits & Pieces, i chose a few leaves and flowers and clustered these on either side of my photos.

As a finishing touch I added some Nuvo drops to the top of the mountains to mimic snow.

Thank you for joining me on the blog today. You can check out the Open Road collection in the shop here.


Happy scrapping!


Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate 










No comments: