Friday 3 September 2010

Outside the Rockefeller...

I decided to make use of my travel themed papers again to scrap some memories of a recent trip to New York. I had the chance to take a group of sixth-formers on a five day sight-seeing tour - it was the first time I had been to America as well, and we had a fantastic time.



I used the gorgeous stamps die-cut paper as a basis for this layout. However, because it was quite a loud and busy design, I toned it down by adding a square of the ledger paper, which I distressed using scissors and added at an angle, to ground the photographs on the page.

I created my title using American Crafts Thickers and Making Memories Tiny Alphas. I carried the yellow of the title into the rest of the layout by punching some small butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch and arranging them up the page - this helps the bold title tone in with the rest of the layout.




I created a border along the bottom of the page by using scallop scissors and a hole punch to create a scalloped border, and then adding a yellow ribbon which I knotted in places to add dimension to the page.



Finally, I added embellishments - some paper flowers layered with a beautiful leaf pin and some pale green buttons. A few 7 Gypsies stickers completed the layout.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: