Monday 2 May 2011

5 Cards in 30 Minutes

Hi Lisa here!
Some super fast cards to share with you today.

When hubby rang me this week from work just 30mins before I had to collect the kids from school, saying it was his parents wedding anniversary and he didn't have time to buy a card could I make one ready for him to take around after work. I wasn't overly impressed. I then decided, if I was making 1 then I may as well make a few using the same ideas.

So taking one set of papers (My Minds Eye- Stella and Rose 'Hattie'), 1 edge punch, 1 butterfly punch and a black journal pen, I quickly made these.



The idea was to keep them the same to save time. Using the same paper collection so I didn't need to woryy about matching up papers. I covered the front of each card. Cut a wide strip and used the edge punch on each one and stuck near the bottom of the cards. A thinner strip was then added to this using another co-ordinating paper from the same range.



A heart was hand cut for each card. I lightly folded the papers, so not to make a crease and cut half a heart. So when opened up you are left with a full symmetrical heart.



The small circles on some of the cards were made from my large punch on the big bite.
And on each card I've used a black journal pen to roughly edge everything.

All the wording has been printed on the pc and cut into strips and inked before sticking into place.



And butterflies have been added to some of the cards too.



I do like having a little stash of cards at home. This is a great way of doing that.
Really going with the thought of, if I'm cutting 1 rectangle of paper to make a card, then I may as well cut 5. Cut 1 heart, may as well cut 5.

Thank you for stopping by today.
Lisa x

1 comment:

Kim Sonksen said...

Fantastic work Lisa - those cards are ace!