Monday, 23 May 2011

Take Note...

My last creation with BoBunny's Gabrielle line was very masculine (despite all the beautiful butterflies) so for this piece I wanted to go totally feminine.

I started with a 7 Gypsies album but I took it apart by pulling back the wire binding and gently taking the pages off the wires. Whilst the front and back covers were off, I had the chance to cover them with one of the sheets of BoBunny paper. I cut it to size, stuck it down with wet glue, and then sanded the edges when it had dried. I repeated this for the reverse of the covers too, but in different coloured paper. I then used acrop-a-dile to make holes and set eyelets where all the original holes had been on the covers.

I then started decorating each of the pages inside, and constructed the book back together with bookrings instead of the wire binding.

For the front cover I embossed the edges in a copper colour, then grouped together some Tim Holtz metal embelishments, with some prima ribbon and pearl swirl, and a butterfly cut from one of the gabrielle papers. I embossed the butterfly with UTEE so it was more durable, and added a sheen.

I decorated two pages (four sides) with each of the design. Some were a little more plain like these ones...
Some had Maya Road kraft envelopes for storing appointment/contact cards.....

...and others were really spritzed, inked, stamped and distressed. I always made sure the shade of background was kept light enough to write over.

I also added some Fancy Pants note cards, cut down to size.

And for the back, a small message with a few embelishments that echo the front design.

1 comment:

Roxy said...

Wow, this is just beautiful!!! I absolutely adore the front cover!