Monday 9 May 2011

The First Cut Is The Deepest

Hello everyone, it is Kim here with you again.

Today I would love to share with you another obsession of mine: fussy cutting.
Give me a sheet of paper with bold patterns and a pair of scissors and you have one happy scrapper :)

I used to shy away from bold, bright patterns in the past as I just could not see me making use of a "loud" pattern such as these examples (all available from Papermaze)

Crate Paper - Emma's Shoppe Quilts
Cosmo Cricket - Snorkel Current
Usually I would just roll my eyes, push the paper aside and scrap with something completely different and subtle instead.

But these days, I see the potential in busy patterns - you can make your own embellishments just by cutting along the different patterns. See that Cosmo paper up there ^^ ? I don't just see waves, I see circles, which I can layer and create my own flowers, I see dinosaur outlines...I see endless possibilities and that one sheet of paper can last me for a number of different layouts, just by using bits and pieces of the pattern.

For today, I have chosen to go with a combination of The Girl's Paperie and Crate Paper and used subtle and busy patterns to create this layout.

** click on image to enlarge **

If you want to try your hand at fussy cutting, you can purchase the products used to create the above layout through Papermaze.
Papers: Girl's Paperie - Vintage Whimsy "Birds Of A Feather"; Crate - Emma's Shoppe "Quilts", Portrait "Something Blue"
Stickers: Jenni Bowlin - Chalkboard Alpha Red, Circle Reverse Brown
Journaling tags: My Mind's Eye - Little Miss Muffet Journal spots
Mists: Cosmic Shimmer - Candy Pink, Angel Mist

No comments: