Saturday 4 June 2011

Going round in circles

Have you ever challenged yourself by trying to stick to a certain shape when creating a layout? I adore using circles, I think there is hardly ever any layout of mine which does not sport a circle shape somewhere. There is something smooth and subtle about circles.

When I got my hands on the Root Beer Barrels paper from October Afternoon, I most probably squealed with delight...how can you not whip out your circle punch and start punching out those darling images?
There was no question that I had to go circle mad on my layout and started tracing cups and saucers on various papers and started cutting, like a woman possessed.
I also love stamping with bubble wrap on the backgrounds of my layouts, so when Papermaze got this fantastic stamp from Kaisercraft, I was all over it like a rash - it already is my favourite stamp in the world


Whilst not strictly speaking circles here, the Lemon Drops paper just called my name and the flowers were round enough for me to include them as accents for my layout.

And here is the finished project - I even made sure that I used a photo from a year which would have "rounded" numbers, i.e. '68 to keep as close to my circle theme as possible.

** click on image to enlarge **

If you fancy trying your hand at creating a layout using shapes, you can recreate the above layout with the following products from Papermaze:
  1. Papers: October Afternoon - Root Beer Barrel * Lemon Drops * Rock Candy
  2. Stickers: October Afternoon - Found Alpha * Sticky Keys Playtime; Jenni Bowlin - Tiny Dot
  3. Stamp: Kaisercraft

2 comments:

Veridiana Fromm said...

Das ist sooo schön!
Jetzt bestell ich doch noch die circles.
Liebe Grüße,
Veridiana

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, It works great, funny and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com