Monday 13 June 2011

Pink Paislee

 1st papermaze design team contribution!

When I opened up my first box of goodies from Vanessa I was a bit stumped as I haven't used pink paislee papers before and I thought they were just a bit too vintage for me! But once I got started I have to say I really do love this butterfly garden collection.

 I made some spiral paper roses and added some of the dew drop beads in the centers and also glued the beads with my hot glue glue to create some flourishes.
 The spiral roses are so easy to make. Cut a small circle then cut from the outside in to create a spiral. Using a cocktail stick or similar start rolling the outside edge of the spiral all the way into the middle, then finish by gluing the bottom.
                                                   





I tend to rip,sand,ink,curl and even crease my papers which adds to the vintage look. The lace and doilies were a perfect addition.



If you'd like to create your own vintage themed page, you can find the butterfly garden collection here.

4 comments:

Bellaidea said...

Very pretty! I like roes to :)
http://bellaideascrapology.blogspot.com/

Kim Sonksen said...

Ohhhh yummyness, I love what you created with the Paislee

lisa said...

Pretty page and well done on your first post : )

Petrecere Burlaci said...

Very very nice, i like a lot what you did. I will follow your tips and try to make my own. Congratulations you are very talented.