Wednesday 25 April 2012

Using cotton reels...April kit

In your April kit you will find these two cotton reels.


 Wondering what to do with them? Well I made a card with these a little while ago for a post on this blog, but I am going to add it here again just to remind you and give you a little tutorial of how it got put together.

I made this for my mothers birthday as her birthday card and she love it...a really different way to say happy birthday!

So onto how we do it....

You need both of the reel and some paper...


measure the paper so it sits inside the reel edges...

and then cut a strip...


Then add some double sided tape to the ends...as in this one I added three layers...

and then secure one of the ends of the paper to the reel...

after I attach it on, I add another piece of double sided tape to the back ...just to make sure...

and then roll it up...

One of the canvas butterflies would be beautiful to secure this with...

one tip for this type of card....it does roll up tight so only use small stickers or paper to put into the inside of the card as it all has to bend.

So I went ahead and made a reel card with the kit...

Here it is...

 Perfect for a really special birthday..
 I secured it shut with the twine from the kit...


.and here is what the inside looks like...ready to write on a message...

I have two more quick cards to show you next time. thanks for popping in.

1 comment:

Ewelina said...

admirable project! It' great idea!