Friday 6 March 2015

Matchbox for Mothers Day

Hi Carol with you today… to go with my previous post (here) of a Mothers Day card with matching tag I thought I'd make a decorated matchbox to use as a gift box…

I decided to make my finished box 3" x  6" so I started off with a 12 x 12 piece of pink bazzil…. I cut this into two even pieces… (6 x 12). Taking one piece I cut to measure 5 " x 8", taking my scoreboard I then scored each side a 1" and creased - I then made this into my bottom drawer…

For the wrap, I always have problems with measurements for these sorts of things so I took my remaining piece of pink cardstock and scored the shorter edge at 1 2/16" and folded and creased, I then put the crease against the edge of my scoreboard and scored at 3 2/16" repeating the folding and creasing and placing the last crease against the scoreboard edge I added 2/16ths to each measurement - this just adds a little bit of room for each side…. this is the box and sleeve …


now for the decoration:-


I stencilled the lid with a harlequin stencil using worn lipstick distress ink… I stamped the lid and sides with a text stamp and black versafine ink, the edges were inked with walnut stain distress ink.  I die-cut a tag out of some of the left over pink bazill the edges were then inked with walnut stain distress ink - using one of the new Darcy minis and a black ink pad I stamped the tag and then coloured in with distress markers (available in store) - these were then given a wash with a water brush, the edges were doodled with a black pen.  I mounted the tag onto the box and added some buttons from my Graphics 45 Time to flourish sticker sheet, a prima flower, some washi tape and some scraps of paper inked and edged with black ink, I also made some rolled flowers… a die-cut swirl and some bling finished off my box….




TFL

No comments: