Monday 20 April 2015

masking it..

Hi, Carol with you today.. sharing with you this easy way to mask and create a flat card that looks dimensional……


Taking my 5" x 7" white card blank I stamped the single flower image from the Paperartsy stamp plate JOFY26 using black versafine ink and then coloured it in using Prima's water colour pencils, the set used here was the scenic route…   then the fun begins, there are lots of masking techniques out there, but, this one is so simple its fail proof…so, I begin by taking one of the sticky post-its you get in a stationers…I stamp my image making sure as much of my stamp is on the other side of the gummed strip and cut it out and adhere this over your coloured image…. I then use the full pos-its to mask off an area…


Colour was added using Pumice stone distress ink and a blending tool once complete I splashed some water and then stamped with a text stamp and black versafine ink - I used an old prima stamp, but, there is a great script stamp out at the moment see (here)

This is the finished result before the post-its were removed.


and this is the finished image with them removed…


TFL xx

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Great effect here Carol.
Lynn x