Thursday 8 October 2015

Echo Park Story of Fall

Hi there its Julie here, with the rainy days outside I'm definitely getting ready for Autumn (Fall as our American cousins say) and I was inspired to use the gorgeous new collection from Lori Whitlock for Echo Park called The Story of Fall.



For my layout I used a sheet of Bazzill Dotted Swiss paper and then created used several pieces of the collection as backgrounds to match the colours in the photograph and to create an autumnal background.


I used a Tim Holtz background heart stencil and a co-ordinating ink to create a little bit of background behind the photograph, as the hearts vary in size I was trying to create the impression of falling hearts similar to the falling leaves in autumn.  I cut a strip from the Borders paper and turned it on its side to break up the background Bazzill and act as another part of the cluster at the top of the photo.



I used several pieces from the Ephemera pack to create the bottom cluster and a couple of pieces from the Simple Stories Sweater Weather Die Cuts as I felt it all co-ordinated so beautifully.  The "Carte Postale" is where I plan on doing some journalling and was included in the Story of Fall Ephemera pack.  A beautiful collection for all your autumnal photographs!

No comments: