Friday 2 October 2015

quartet of notecards

Hi, Carol with you today…. I like to have a few little notecards at hand to pop into parcels or just as a "thinking of you" type card….its great to get the stamps, inks and paintbrushes out and spend an afternoon chilling….

My card blanks are 3" square and on each one I have stamped and embossed my chosen stamp using black versafine ink and clear embossing powder.  This stops my colour running.


So, my first stamp is by Paperartsy and is from the Jo Firth-Young collection of minis… I used distress ink mixed with a little water and picked up with a paintbrush to add colour to the image.  Distress inks used:- broken china, twisted citron.


This card uses the same flower stamp as used on my previous post, this is from the Jo Firth-Young plate 26.  The flower was coloured using festive berries distress ink and hi-lights added with broken china and a white pen.  To ground the flower to the card I added a touch of grey to the edges.


For this card another Jo Firth-Young mini 34 this time, this was coloured in using broken china and twisted citron distress ink.  Hi-lights added with a white pen.


This time a Darcy mini was used - and the image coloured in using distress ink twisted citron and fossilised amber.  Hi-lights added with the festive berries distress ink and white pen.

all cards were doodled around the edges using a black pen.

TFL XX

No comments: