Friday 28 February 2020

Scrapbook Layout - 'Happy Birthday' using Kaisercraft's Oh Happy Day Collection

Hello, Rebecca back with you again with another 12x12 layout created using the 'Oh Happy Day' Collection by Kaisercraft. This collection has been great for me as it was my little boy's 3rd birthday at the beginning of the year so I've had plenty of photos to scrap.


I didn't have many whole sheets left from this collection so decided to get my circle dies and punches out. I have the world's smallest manual die cutting machine so I was limited on how big I could make my circles so went a bit 'old school' and used a compass to draw the larger circles and then hand cut them out.


I used two sheets to cut my circles from - '100's and 1000's' and both sides of 'Yay'. I then also cut some of the word phrases from the 100's and 1000's paper. I arranged these on the page around my photo and stuck some down with a layer of foam behind to add dimension.


I fussy-cut my title 'Happy Birthday' from the 'Garlands' patterned paper and placed this 'hanging' across the top of the page - again stuck down on foam dots to raise it off the page a little.


I felt like the bottom of the layout needed something, so I tore a small section of the background off and backed it with a sheet of gold card, created using a gold Embossing Powder and a white sheet of card, to co-ordinate with the gold foil in the collection.

I hope you've enjoyed this layout. I'll be back again next month with more 12x12 layouts.

Take care,

Rebecca x

3 comments:

Lynn said...

This layout is great fun Rebecca. x

Anita said...

Another lovely page Rebecca xx

Karen said...

Lovely layout Rebecca. I love how the colours pop against the black background. x x