Friday 21 February 2020

Papermaze February Kit

Lynn here today with the new February Papermaze Kit. I have been having fun creating a total of four layouts with this very pretty selection. Today I have my first pair of pages to share with you. 


Here is what is in the kit this month:




Patterned Papers:
Cocoa Vanilla Studio - Unforgettable collection - Natural Beauty
Cocoa Vanilla Studio - More Than Words collection - Darling Buds
Kaisercraft - Ladylike collection - Rose
Kaisercraft - Lily and Moss collection - Circular
Prima Marketing Inc. - Apricot Honey collection - All Together

Stamperia - House of Roses - Tags
Bazzill Basics Cardstock - Lagoon and Bark



The extra Matchmaker Bazzill Basics Cardstock Pack: Sunset Rose (Dotted Swiss), Mauve Ice, Bazzill White and Cinder



Embellishments: 2 tickets, crochet flower, Prima flower, 3 pink rosebuds, 10 clear Dew Drops, long strip of pearls, Kaisercraft rhinestone flower, Kaisercraft Curio, 12" lace, Dusty Attic chipboard, gold doily, 5 rose gold buttons


A Thousand Years For this layout I featured a photo of my daughter making an entrance to the wedding ceremony to the instrumental version of A Thousand Years.


I used the sheet of Natural Beauty from the kit as the back drop for my page, and with a new TCW stencil (Mini Ring Doily) I purchased from the shop and some Texture Paste mixed with some snow glitter, I created the circular shapes onto the paper. Once dry, I splattered some lightly diluted Distress Paints (Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick) before drying again. Then I added a few flicks of Dylusions White Linen Ink Spray.

With a piece of Bark Bazzill, I made a mat for the photo and added this to the page with some foam tape. Above and below the photo I added some ornate decoration with some Scrapiniec die cut chipboard

I made two large blooms with the
Sunset Rose (Dotted Swiss) Bazzill and the Sizzix Bigz Tattered Poinsettia die (they are not just for Christmas!!). The centre of each bloom was created with the pearls from the kit. I added leaves cut from White Bazzill and the Sizzix Skeleton Leaves Thinlits die set. I coloured the leaves and the edges of the petals with Distress Inks
 


For the title I cut my large letters using the Sizzix Bigz XL Handmade die and the white Bazzill which I coloured ombre style by blending Distress Inks. Once the letters were stuck in place I added some Glossy accents. The tiny letters were cut with the Sizzix Thinlits Alphanumeric label die set, white and Bark Bazzill. 





Inspired by Jane Austen
- Emily enjoyed a weekend leading a series of Playford dances, popular in Austen's time at a public event held in Wentworth Woodhouse. It was a project she took part in with the Nottingham Folk Dance Club, and was performed in historical costume she made herself. 



All the card and papers for this layout were distressed and inked with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
Stamperia - House of Roses - Tags
To make the most of both sides of the beautiful sheet of Stamperia - House of Roses - 'Tags' paper, I started by cutting away a clock from the bottom row and two tags from the centre of the paper. Then I flipped the paper to use the leafy side. I trimmed this to 12" x 8".

With a scrap sheet of 12" x 12" paper (This is a sheet of thin scrapbook paper from my stash which I don't like or ever think I will use for a layout, rather then throw it out, I keep some for this purpose). To this scrap paper I added a piece of Bark Bazzill 4" x 12" to the bottom part, and the leafy paper to the top. There were gaps, but these were covered by the photos later. 

Kaisercraft - Lily and Moss - Circular
Using the Lily and Moss Circular paper I cut the three frames away from the paper and gutted the centres from them, I mounted my photos behind the frames, then created the arrangement I wanted. Before sticking them to the layout I cut away some of the frames from under where they overlap.

With the scraps of the leafy paper I added a second layer over the one already placed, making use of the brick areas in the corners. Then I added the scraps of white wood cut away from the frames, to create planks across the layout. Next all the gaps were covered by my photo arrangement.

I printed my journalling onto some white paper and trimmed it to be a tiny bit smaller than the 'Be Kind' piece from the Circular Paper, then used this as a mat. Add this to the bottom right of the page overlapped by the lower photo frame.


I trimmed the two tags saved earlier, and with a large copper brad set into the top of each one, I continued to decorate them. 


For the tag on the right - I cut the gold doily into two pieces and stuck each half to the sides of the tag. Then I cut a scrap of lace and velvet ribbon to lay across the tag. I tied the three rosebuds together with a piece of pink ribbon and curled the wire stems. These were placed in the centre of the tag with a paper leaf added to the arrangement. With some cream seam binding ribbon I tied a bow through the eyelet. I glued this tag to the page to the left of the journalling.

The tag on the left - I tied a length of fine net around the tag, and used more seam binding ribbon through the eyelet, but this time I left longer tails after tying a bow. I stuck the tag to the left of the first tag using foam tape to raise it up from the page. I placed double sided tape from the bow, down the sides of the tag onto the background. Then I pleated the excess ribbon over the tape, trimming the ends when I was happy with the length and pleats.I arranged some more paper flowers and leaves from my own stash on and to the left side of the tag. 

I created my title with scraps of Bark Bazzill, making a shadow for the larger letters with a little of the Sunset Rose Bazzill. I used some old Boxed Brush Sizzlits alpha dies and for the small letters I used a Sizzix Sizzlit Typeset Decorative Strip.

That's all for today, I will be back with two more layouts from this kit at the beginning of March.
Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

2 comments:

Anita said...

More totally beautiful pages Lynn, both so different too! What a great kit that isxx

Lynn said...

Thanks Anita, I love this kit, my sort of colours and designs. x