Wednesday 13 May 2020

'Boy at Work' - 12x12 Layout using Photoplay - 'Little Builder' Collection

Hello, Rebecca with you today. I can't believe it's May already! I'm here today sharing my first layout created using the new Photoplay 'Little Builder' collection. These are the first Photoplay products I've ever worked with and I was really impressed with the quality. The collection itself is fabulous - full of all the 'boyish' things my son is currently into!


For this layout, I started by trimming down a sheet of 12x12 white cardstock and distressed the edges using a scissor blade. I added a thin strip of torn orange cardstock underneath at the bottom, and then mounted the whole thing onto the 'All Boy' patterned paper, leaving a larger section visible at the bottom. I made a tear at the top of the white cardstock and slotted a small triangle of orange cardstock in the gap to balance out the layout.

I matted both my photos onto two different colours of Bazzill Cardstock from the Matchmaker Pack and added a layer of adhesive foam behind them to raise them off the layout a bit. Next I fussy cut the orange journalling tag from the 'Hard at Play' patterned paper and placed it to the right of my photos. I added a tag from the Ephemera pack behind it and raised the top of both up with foam dots. I added some embroidery thread through the top of the tag to add a bit more texture to the layout.


I then started working on a cluster to the left of my photos. I added the 'unstopable' tag, with matching embroidery thread and a black and orange striped heart from the ephemera pack and also a couple of stickers from the Elements Sticker Sheet.


I then went back to my right hand cluster and added a blue arrow which I fussy cut from the cut-apart sheet (found here) and another sticker from my stash. This balanced the bottom half of the layout out quite well, but I felt that the top half was looking quite bare.

I added a couple of paper layers behind the top of the photos - I used a small piece of the 'All Boy' patterned paper to match the border, and also a co-ordinating cardstock. I used an American Crafts border punch to make them look like pages torn from a notepad. I used some thickers from my stash to add my title.


I felt like the very top of the layout needed a bit more than just the paper tear, so I added a couple of pieces of ephemera and a strip of 'caution tape' from the Elements Stickers sheet.


I finished the layout off with a few tiny spots of Nuvo Drops scattered around the page in co-ordinating colours.

I hope you've enjoyed this layout. I've been really impressed with this collection so please head over to the shop to check it out.

I'll be back later in the month with another layout created using this fun collection.

Until then, stay safe.

Take care,

Rebecca x


1 comment:

Anita said...

What an adorable page Rebecca, the papers and colours tie up perfectly with the photos. What a little cutie xx