Friday, 15 May 2020

Gone Fishing!......Stamperia and embossing powders.

Hello again, it's Anita here with you to end the week.

I hope you are all well and keeping safe.
For this post I have been working with Stamperia papers and its made a nice change to go with a masculine page. This is my Dad, who we all miss very much.....he was always at his happiest when he was fishing.

The page was based on a sheet of Blue Calypso Bazill cardstock which I gutted the centre from. I then used the gutted section to matt the photo and also to cut the word FISHING from.
The background sheet was Stamperia Medusa and because  I wasn't very keen on the large robotic jellyfish image that was over a large area of the sheet, I used a combination of copper and bronze acrylic paints and some Gunmetal Sparkle Medium that I spread through a stencil. In the shop there is a huge selection of Crafters Workshop stencils. This created a new background with some added texture. I felt it was a little like fish scales and was very happy with the result.

From a sheet of Stamperia Fish, I fussy cut 2 fish and hung them from some brown twine and stuck on the right hand side of the page. I roughed up the edges of the entire edge of the layout and dabbed copper paint along the edges.

I also sponged some paint very gently round the edges of the photo matt and the word chipboard embellishment and then finished the photo off by sponging some Sparkle Medium onto the corners.

For my title I used some little old Prima letters for the word 'Gone' and I dabbed them with Avocado Liquid Pearls ..... and for the FISHING part of the title I used some of the left over Blue Calypso cardstock and drew round some large plastic letters that I have had in my stash for really makes a nice change to break out some old items and re use after all this time!

Now what I did next was pretty unconventional and unplanned...... I say unplanned because I could not, for the life of me, find my embossing ink pads...not anywhere!!
I had planned using some embossing powders on the title as I didn't really want to leave it as just plain card, but without the embossing ink I wasn't sure what I could do?

So I thought I would try using some acrylic paint to hold the embossing powder.....and it worked! It left quite a nice texture and rippling effect. I gathered a few more powders in various colours and also some UTEE powders too and sprinkled little areas in different colours to see how they blended.

I was then curious to see what wet glue would do with the powder and heat gun on it.....well it was like a little volcano, bubbling away and when it popped or I pressed it down with my tweezers it has left some great textures and I am really chuffed with the end result! I know its not everyone's cup of tea...... but I like it :)

To finish the page off I made lots of little domes in various sizes randomly around the page using Liquid Pearls and Distress Stickles in different shades.

I hope you have enjoyed my post today...and maybe it will entice you to get out your powders out for a play! There is a great selection of them HERE in the shop if you need to top up your collection or even buy your very first one.

Have a great weekend and stay safe.
Warmest wishes Anita xxx


Lynn said...

The colours and textures you have created here are amazing. xxx

Anita said...

Thank you so much Lynn xx