Sunday 23 August 2020

Bonus Layout - Crave the Wave - Heidi Swapp Art Walk

Happy Sunday!

Claire here, popping on to share an extra layout made with the Heidi Swapp Art Walk collection. I decided to call this layout 'Crave the Wave' - very apt for my springer spaniel who grew up on the beach and is mad for the sea.



I used this beautiful Sea to Sky paper for my base which is just perfect for a seaside layout. The paper has a mixed media effect that means most of the hardwork is already done for you! Bonus indeed! :) 

To add a more beachy feel, I decided to trim the paper and ruffle the edges, before positioning it on white Premium cardstock. I had recently purchased this Echo Park Summertime Seashells stencil from the shop which I couldn't help but pair it with this paper. I added gold texture paste across opposite corners to help frame the photos.

I have a lot of pictures of this day and so challenged myself to use at least 3 photos on my layout, as I always tend to stay in my comfort zone of using just one or two. In this case I managed four (miracle for me!) and positioned them across the page as shown.



The Cardstock Stickers included some lovely gold, blue and red stickers that matched the page and my photos so I took a selection of these and placed them around my photos. I also added the red adventure sticker and red heart from my stash and the yellow 'seeker of magic' embelishment from the Pinkfresh Studio Noteworthy ephemera pack.



To finish the page, I made my title with a mixture of two alpha sets and added some gold netting from my stash. Finally, I added some white paint splashes and red nuvo drops.

Hope you've enjoyed this extra page. Have a lovely weekend!

Claire

xxx

1 comment:

Anita said...

Another fab page Claire, great way to use a group of photos and I love the pops of gold xx