I started my layout with the 'So Rad!' patterned paper. I cut the diagonal strips from the paper and distressed the edges. I then cut two thinner strips of the black and distressed them too. I decided to position them on my white cardstock in the opposite order to how they were on the patterned sheet. This is because I felt they worked better with my photos this way - red at the top and blue at the bottom.
I then machine stitched along each of the strips - I stitched top and bottom on the coloured strips with black thread, and just one straight stitch along the centre of the black strips with white thread.
I embellished the layout with handmade rosettes. It's the first time I've ever made them so they aren't perfect, but they were good enough for me! I'm not going to lie - they were a little fiddly as I don't own a glue gun, but they held in the end!
I begun by using my paper trimmer and a cake icing tool to score lines down thin strips of paper. I then folded along the score lines in a mountain and valley fashion, and stuck the ends together with glossy accents.
I then pressed down on the inner edge to force the rosettes flat and adhered them to a small piece of card and held them until they stuck! I then glued wooden buttons to the centre of each of the rosettes.
I made 5 rosettes in total, I used the B sides of the 'So Rad!' and 'Level up!' patterned papers, a blue sheet of bazzill basics and for the final one I used a washi tape, stuck to a4 white paper.
I added my title using the foam stickers and also dotted a few of the star stickers and two Doodlebug 'star-fetti' sprinkles around the layout.
The final step was to add some chipboard chevrons by Dusty Attic, which I'd painted with black acrylic paint.
I'm so happy to have finally been able to scrap these photos!
I'll be back later in the month with another layout, so until then - enjoy your summer!