Friday 18 September 2020

Two layouts using Simple Stories 'Bro & Co' Collection

 Hello, Rebecca joining you today! What a turn-around - last week I was wearing my winter coat and this week the flip flops have been back out! 

I'm popping by today to share two final layouts which I've created using the 'Bro & Co' collection by Simple Stories. Both of these layouts would be great for busting those final scraps we all have leftover from various collections as I've used really small pieces on both of them. I definitely feel like less is more with both of these layouts!

'Epic'


I took the '2x2 Elements' patterned paper and cut all the squares out. I knew I wanted to create a 3x3  grid design, using 5 small photos so I selected 4 of the squares to use and arranged them onto a sheet of 'Natural' Bazzill cardstock from the Bazzill Plain Matchmater Pack


I trimmed my photos ever so slightly and backed them onto some of the leftover 2x2 elements. I marked up where I wanted them to sit on the layout and then used my sewing machine and black thread to stitch vertical and horizontal grid lines.

I adhered the 9 squares with craft foam behind them to add some dimension to the page. I then trimmed the edges of my layout by 1/4 inch and added a border using the B side of the 'It's All Good' patterned paper and stitched around the entire layout. I had major arguments with my sewing machine over this as it insisted on eating my layout!! My straight stitch wasn't very neat, so I went over it again with a zig-zag stitch to try and disguise it!

I then concentrated on embellishing the layout.


I used the word 'Epic' from the Foam Stickers for my title. I really like these foam stickers - they make for perfect titles and also have lots of other smaller bits on the sheet. I've used the word 'cool' from the same sheet on the opposite side of the layout.


I added a couple of tabs and stickers from the Combo Stickers sheet and finished the layout with some fussy cut stars from the 'It's All Good' paper and the phrase 'killing it' from the 'Totally Legit' patterned paper.


'My Boy My Dude'

I focused on squares for my first layout, so for the second I decided to use circles.


I used a selection of different sized punches to create circles and stars from both the A and B sides of the  'It's All Good''Level Up!' and 'So Rad!' patterned papers. I also used some of the leftover squares from the '2x2 Elements' paper and punched the stars out with a circle punch.

I arranged my circles and stars on the page, raising some up with foam dots, and sat my photo on top. I created my title by using some of the foam stickers and just a couple of thickers from my stash.


I then added some raw chipboard chevrons by Dusty Attic which I painted using black acrylic paint, and a scattering of Doodlebug 'Star-Fetti' shapes.


I finished the layout by trimming the edges of the layout by 1/4 inch, distressing the edges with my scissor blade, and adding a border using the B side of the '4x6 Elements' patterned paper. This layout came together really quickly and was really simple to create. I love how the colours of the patterned papers pop against the crisp white cardstock I've used for the background.

I hope you've enjoyed these layouts and they've inspired you to try and bust some of your scraps! You really can make a little go a long way.

I'll be back later in the month with another layout created using the new 'Daydream Collection' by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.

Until then, let's hope this hot weather continues!

Stay safe and take care,

Rebecca

x





1 comment:

Anita said...

More super cute pages, you always work your papers to their best and have the perfect pics to go on them.....gorgeous! xx