Friday 11 September 2020

Full of Sass ..... Kate and Ash # 4

Hello again,


Anita here with you today to end the week off. This is my 4th layout using Kate and Ash papers from Simple Stories and I thought I would veer away from the bright, funky colours and patterns in the collection this time and go for a monochrome page ( with a tiny little sprinkle of colour).


So I used just one sheet of Vanilla cardstock , one sheet of Girl Power patterned paper, a left over scrap strip from another sheet ( 3 x 4 elements )   and one single cut out panel from a sheet of  4 x 6 elements

......oh yes and half a sheet of black cardstock to mat the photo and also to cut a strip for making one of the rosettes.


I am not very good at keeping plain cardstock plain..... white space scares me if I am honest....so I have to splatter, distress or grubbify as much of it as I can normally.

After cutting the cardstock down to 11" x 11" I  used an old text stamp a couple of times, splattered some black acrylic paint all across the page and stamped all around the edge creating a stitched effect frame using 49andMarket Gabi's Line Stitches set


I matted the photo using black cardstock and cut a panel from 6 x 4 Elements  which I then matted using scraps of  3 x 4 Elements 

and inked the edges. 

Using some black Nuvo Drops and some Oyster Liquid Pearls I made spotted circles randomly about the page using cups and lids etc as templates. I accidently knocked the lid and smudged several dots on the left of the page hence adding a random rosette to cover the huge smudge!! most annoying, but savable thankfully!


I really love rosettes for embellishing a page, I know they are quite lumpy but I don't mind a bump or 2 here and there. I always just used to make them from scratch by hand, but these days there are a few different die strips you can get for making them....soooo much easier!!

So I made 4 die cut rosettes for the layout using strips of each of the papers and some black cardstock and my Tim Holtz rosette strip die. After adding a sprinking of sequins on the page I also added some coloured gems to the centres of the rosettes too.


Whilst I was rummaging through my old stash for stamps and dies, I also came across some REALLY old rub on books of alphabets by a company called Making Memories. To be honest I thought they might of dried out and broken apart, however they actually still applied really well and were great for the finishing touches to the page. Quite satisfying to use stash that was 17 years old!! Maybe they will become fashionable again....after all..... fashion does go round in a circle doesn't it apparently!



I hope you have enjoyed seeing my last layout from this versatile collection...I have enjoyed making it and its been really good fun breaking out very old stash to use with very new products.


If you pop over to the SHOP there are lots of new goodies coming in all the time and great selection of older products too with some real hidden gems scattered here and there in the stock. Its always nice to grab a cuppa and have a good look round to see whats about! Have a great weekend!

Warmest wishes

Anita xxx

2 comments:

Claire Louise said...

Those sequins with that card! 😍 Love this!

Anita said...

Thank you so much Claire xx