Wednesday 16 September 2020

September Papermaze Kit

Hey, Lynn here today with the travel destination themed September Papermaze kit. I can see many layouts of holidays abroad being created with these beautiful rustic papers. 


Before looking at how the layouts were made, here is a peek at what you will find in the kit.




Patterned Papers:
Prima - Capri collection - Marina Grande and Punta Del Monaco
Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Coastal collection - Paradise Found
Bo Bunny - Boulevard collection - De Versailles
Ciao Bella - The Sound of Summer collection - Coastal Wood
Kaisercraft - Ladylike collection - Pearl
Bazzill: Natural and Blue

Reverse side of papers:



Embellishments: 49 & Market stitching stamp, Stamperia tag, 2 Tim Holtz thought tokens, Prima flower, 30cm washi tape, 2 paper flowers,Tando chipboard bookplate, 50cm twine, 8 pink dewdrops.

Extra Bazzill Pack: Quartz, Coastal, Mocha Divine and Stonehenge

 

Travel - This layout uses a photo of a pretty view from a trip to Lake Garda, Italy. I wanted to make it look like the view from a window as it was taken from out table in a restaurant in Malcesine with Monte Baldo in the background

I started with a sheet of Coastal Bazzill and using a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil - Gothic, I worked Evergreen Distress Ink through the stencil with a blending tool. Then I moved the stencil and repeated the process with white texture paste and a pallet knife.

I attached the photo and with the Tim Holtz Window Frame Bigz die, I cut two windows from mount board, I also cut a few strips of mount board to join the windows together to create a window frame and two windows thrown wide open. I painted the pieces with Evergreen Bough Distress Paint. Once dry I rubbed in some bronze gilding wax to create aging and shading. I then glued the pieces around the photo to create the scene. Gold holeless beads were added to the windows.

From both the Prima Capri papers, I fussy cut large and small flowers, butterflies and various other images including some of the foiled pieces. These were inked with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and arranged around the photo, some were raised on 3D tape.  

I used a scrap of the mount board and a little of the Quartz Bazzill to cut the 'Travel' title using Sizzix Shadow Script 3 Thinlits die set. I scribbled my journalling onto the Stamperia tag from the kit, then I tied it to the title, attaching it to the layout with more 3D tape.

Paris - The photos on this page were taken when we visited the Eiffel Tower, the lift was not working so we took the stairs!! The photos are of views on the way and a photo from the ground looking up.



For this layout I gutted the Stonehenge Bazzil, making a frame of 4cm deep. Then I took the
Kaisercraft - Ladylike collection - Pearl paper and tore all four edges. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and added a couple of tears into the paper. I stamped around the edges with the 49 & Market stitching stamp from the kit.

I  fussy cut more images from the Prima Capri papers - flowers, postage stamps and foiled images, and arranged these with two doilies and the three photos onto the page.

I applied the paper over the Bazzill frame, tucking a small piece from each doily under each tears in the paper.

I painted the
Tando chipboard bookplate with some Hickory Smoke Distress Paint, and some more Gilding wax. This was applied over some pleated seam binding ribbon. I used a scrap of the Capri paper in the space in the bookplate. I used 3D foam tape to attach the bookplate, and added silver brads to the holes on each side. With a short length of twine, I added a tiny silver Eiffel Tower charm to the base of the bookplate.

From the foiled areas of the scraps of the Capri papers, I cut the word 'Paris' and the date using the Sizzix Thinlits die set - Alphanumeric Label.

Finally I added the pink dew drops and the paper flowers to the page (adding a few extra from my stash). 

That's all for today, back in a few weeks with two more continental travel layouts made with the September Papermaze Kit. 

Thanks for looking.
Lynn x

1 comment:

Anita said...

Absolutely beautiful layouts Lynn, what a great kit! I love that you have totally captured the essence of the photos. xxx