Friday 15 October 2021

Jen Hadfield Peaceful Heart - Dreamer by Meg

Hey everyone, I hope you're well! I've been working on another layout using Peaceful Heart by Jen Hadfield and I'm so excited to show it to you today - I've been enjoying playing with this collection so much, the colours are just so serene and gorgeous! 

So this time round I thought I'd do some squares and fancied doing a bit of a grid layout - I started by picking out some pink and yellow tags that I liked together from the Thankful paper and cut them into squares. I then picked out my photos and cut them into the same size squares, plus three yellow squares cut from Yukon Gold Bazzill cardstock and a square of Look Up

At first I had decided to arrange them all on the left of the page, but after laying them all out I decided instead to stagger them diagonally in a more relaxed form, with a smaller cluster on the bottom right to balance out the page. I added some light pink splatters to the page to add some colour and texture under the squares before adhering. 

I started layering some of the squares with chipboard frames I already had in my stash and Peaceful Heart Icon Ephemera. I tried to arrange the burgundy pink and the yellow colours in triangles around the page to make the page feel more cohesive and draw attention to the centre of the page, where I built my largest cluster with paper and acrylic foliage and a large gold puffy title 'Dreamer', which came from my stash. 

I finished the page by cutting out the duplicate 'celebrate' text from the Thankful tag paper and sticking them down in an arch shape, to add some more dimension to the page. I also added some acrylic hearts from Bramblefox, some gold flat back gems, some puffy word stickers, journalled and a few last splatters of white and burgundy pink paint. 

And there we have it, my page finished! I am so thrilled with how it turned out and I love how different it looks compared to my last two Peaceful Heart layouts. I really hope you feel inspired to give this collection a go!

Take care, I'll be back again soon but with a different collection to show you. Thank you for dropping by! 

Meg x 

No comments: